Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

Michaelshane

One Too Many
carouselvic said:
No need to make yourself ill in the future Gene. Why not subscribe to my hat finding service? For a small monthly sum you will receive daily updates on all the really cock hats in your size(s). It's the least I can do, and never let it be said that I didn't always do the least I could. TLH

The really what hats?

babs

A-List Customer
carouselvic said:
I can see at least three rows of stitching.

Coincidence.. The super-uber-cool old Dunlap I got in the mail (yes I know.. I'll take pics and do review in new hats thread I promise) has three rows of very fine stitching around the brim but the brim final edge is raw. Is that one of the standard brim finish "types"? Has it a name?

DOUGLAS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
For comparision

DSCN5278.jpg

DSCN5276.jpg

DSCN5275.jpg

on second look the ribbon looks pretty close if not the same as mine.

carouselvic

I'll Lock Up
DOUGLAS said:
on second look the ribbon looks pretty close if not the same as mine.

JtL and I were discussing your hat and making comparisons when the second hat was being offered. Do you think that they had a liner when new?

DOUGLAS

No, there is no evidence in mine that there was a liner. I can usually find some stitching scar or foreign thread floating behind the sweat. Mine is pretty light felt and that also makes me think it came with out one. No residual glue at the top either to indicate that it had a tip sticker.

This model may have been transitional. It is not a Royal,#1 Quality, Standard or any other that I can point to that usually has its own liner type and logo.

Dreispitz

One Too Many
mayserwegener said:
I won this old (1930s?) Hückel bowler. It appears to have some crown damage but I thought it was worth taking a chance on.

pix_92.78.71.851248701780.04095500.jpg

pix_92.78.71.851248701781.94511500.jpg

Interesting one and probably quite old. Are there any tags ... ? :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Ottmar Reich

Dreispitz said:
Interesting one and probably quite old. Are there any tags ... ? :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

I haven't received it yet. I think it might have originally had a liner. When it arrives I will take some better pictures and post them on the German - Austrian thread.

Also have these two Ottmar Reich fedoras (grey size 59cm and blue size 60cm) on the way. Ottmar Reich is from Lindenberg same as Mayser. I really have no idea what to expect but thought it was worth taking a chance.

3801331126_fcd4047e22_o.jpg

3801331142_dd7eb4d221_o.jpg

ValEag

One of the Regulars
Dobbs

I picked up this Dobbs this week. It is in overall very good condition. You can see in the photo of the right side a stain that is on the ribbon. There were similar stains on the felt in the same area but they came out with just a damp cloth. The ribbon still needs a little work. The hat was more dusty than anything. There are a few light stains on the liner. I worked on the crease a little last night just to even it up from side to side.

Pics of the hat:

IMG_1182.jpg

IMG_1186.jpg

IMG_1185.jpg

This one shows the stain on the ribbon:
IMG_1196.jpg

IMG_1202.jpg

IMG_1211.jpg

IMG_1207.jpg

IMG_1204.jpg

You can see there are a few stains on the liner:
IMG_1205.jpg

And of course a noggin shot:

IMG_1273.jpg

RBH

Bartender
Spats McGee said:
Yeah, I bid on that Bowler Derby Fedora, but didn't get it. I hope someone here did.
YEP! :D
Its coming to Arkansas one way or the other. :D
Its an open crowned fedora that has not ever been creased.
This will be the first vintage fedora I have ever gotten that has never had a crease.
I really did not think I would get it, the end bid did not even get close to my top out bid. Boy... am I glad. :)

I will be sure to let ya'll in on it when it gets here.

BobC

RBH said:
YEP! :D
Its coming to Arkansas one way or the other. :D
Its an open crowned fedora that has not ever been creased.
This will be the first vintage fedora I have ever gotten that has never had a crease.
I really did not think I would get it, the end bid did not even get close to my top out bid. Boy... am I glad. :)

I will be sure to let ya'll in on it when it gets here.

Looks like a nice one, Rusty. Nice buy too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot