Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

rlk

I'll Lock Up
More recent Malrov

!Bh3nUZ!CGk~$(KGrHqUH-CEEsZnjBNh)BLLVjV3W+Q~~_12.JPG

Post 1979(Intro of Thinsulate)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190359410987#ht_600wt_1167

billysmom

One Too Many
Stetson Twenty Sovereign

I have a lovely "briar" (mid-brown) Stetson Twenty. Did I need another brown Stetson Twenty? ("No way", says my inner voice.) But it went for less than $30.00 and I don't have a dark brown one .... :rolleyes: :D

Bho3ovwCGkKGrHqMOKiEEslOYYzCeBLKDBn.jpg

Bho3rVgBGkKGrHqUOKisEsnybbD6kBLK-1.jpg

Sue

billysmom

One Too Many
Moore's Homburg

Another low-priced hat with an ambiguous description. Has anyone any information on Moore's hats? I gather they were made around Manchester, but don't know anything more.

Moores.jpg

Moores2.jpg

Sue

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Hückel Seal Velour heads home(retailer)

4201792781_e079090b6b.jpg
4202550872_fd2d5d9389.jpg

4201792925_646cf1a3b8.jpg
4201817347_0f3c50c41a.jpg

I can date it between 1951-1957 based on the store addresses. They had another location less than 1 mile from where I live now(before I was born).

rlk said:
4201792781_e079090b6b.jpg

I can date it between 1951-1957 based on the store addresses. They had another location less than 1 mile from where I live now(before I was born).

Super! :eusa_clap Looks like it is in NOS condition. :eusa_clap I have a Fritz Hückel Zepher Seal Velour from the same time period. Mine was imported by Neiman Marcus, Dallas, Texas. Beautifully made hats!

billysmom said:
I have a lovely "briar" (mid-brown) Stetson Twenty. Did I need another brown Stetson Twenty? ("No way", says my inner voice.) But it went for less than $30.00 and I don't have a dark brown one .... :rolleyes: :D

Bho3ovwCGkKGrHqMOKiEEslOYYzCeBLKDBn.jpg

Sue

Another beauty for the collection! :eusa_clap

billysmom said:
Another low-priced hat with an ambiguous description. Has anyone any information on Moore's hats? I gather they were made around Manchester, but don't know anything more.

Moores.jpg

Sue

No info on Moore's but very nice Homburg! :eusa_clap

m000m000

One of the Regulars
!BhsKs)!!mk~$(KGrHqEOKjsEsmRTM3lGBLKUYJukIw~~_3.JPG

Ok, which one of you snagged this one?? I was hoping to nail it for cheap because, well, it's a Homburg, but that turned out to be a bad case of wishful thinking :p.

Really like the patterned liner.

!BhsLLH!!mk~$(KGrHqQOKkYEsmmLlje4BLKUZwjZ3!~~_3.JPG

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
m000m000 said:
Ok, which one of you snagged this one?? I was hoping to nail it for cheap because, well, it's a Homburg, but that turned out to be a bad case of wishful thinking :p.

Really like the patterned liner.

Sorry. I've been trying to clear out extra hats all week, selling on ebay, then this comes along...I just can't resist a nice bottom :)

!BhsLZ3gBmk~$(KGrHqEOKj8Er)dq4lPyBLKU,iVg6Q~~_3.JPG

Dreispitz

One Too Many
jeffconnors said:
I lost it when I saw this hat....too bad it went for so high...who got it?

You see, I did not go to bed ... therefore, I did not win it :D lol

Great hat! Must be pre 1930 by the style. The shop went bankrupt in 1934!

m000m000

One of the Regulars
Wow, really?

I actually thought about that initially when the seller talked about how you could wear it with the brim snapped down, but in the end decided the description was probably still right because the "curl" seemed so angular and steep in my eyes. Oh well, the more you learn!

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Marc Chevalier said:
Well, there's your answer. One reason it didn't go for cheap is because some savvy bidders realized that it isn't a homburg. Nope, it's a fedora with an "overwelt" brim edge. This style was quite popular in the late 1920s. I have one myself:

It has the edge curl and flanging typical of a Homburg(Lord's Hat)it's not a snap brim though soft enough to deform as you will. The terminology had little to do with its value given all the discussion of and enthusiasm for velours and long-hairs around here lately.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sirteen