Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

feltfan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
ScottF said:
Stetson Select, 7 3/4 (24")

StetSelectInsidex2.jpg
What a rare hat.

I'm betting it was originally a raw edge hat and the edge binding
was added decades later. When you get it, let us know what you think?

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Jones
Not much interest in this one either which is good for me because a similar hat in size 7 reached triple digits not too long ago......

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...:B:BCA:US:1123

Dreispitz said:
This one should turn out to be quite a nice fetch! Looking forward to see more pictures! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Agree! Super win! :eusa_clap The felt finish appears to be more like the 30s Hückel Seal Velours. This one is out of Weilheim and for export to the US. Also looking forward to more pictures! :eusa_clap

Added some pictures.

4245189107_d69899d57f_o.jpg

4245961322_f050ab51cf_o.jpg

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
feltfan said:
What a rare hat.

I'm betting it was originally a raw edge hat and the edge binding
was added decades later. When you get it, let us know what you think?

That is a very interesting thought. The ribbon is greener than the felt, but the brim-binding is browner. Other than that, there's nothing to help decide.

Marc, etc. - sorry about the listing link - I omitted it because it didn't provide any info other than the original bash, and the fact that I BIN'd it quickly. I bought it to satisfy my historical curiosity, really expecting a 6 3/4.

Here it is: Vintage John B. Stetson brown fedora size 7 3/4

Mario

I'll Lock Up
Knox Premier

Darn it! I just won this beautiful greenish-gray Knox with a whopping 3" brim (my largest by now and, for for some reason also my first Knox) and a lovely ribbon to go with it. Seems to have a few moth nibbles which failed to scare me away.

What's really buggin' me is the fact that I DID bid on the hat in the first place. And more so that I actually WON! ;)

Just a few days ago, I promised to myself (New Year's Eve, you know...:rolleyes: ) to call a halt to my shopping spree, at least for a few weeks. After all, it's the month after Christmas, and I'm going to suffer for making this purchase (even though it turned out to be a real steal...:D).

Is there no help? :eek: :p ;) :D

333557320_o.jpg

333557339_o.jpg

333557360_o.jpg

Mario

I'll Lock Up
Thank you, Scott! :)

The hat looks a bit battered in the photos but seems to be a pretty decent lid, especially at that price. A good brushing and steaming will get it back in shape quickly.

Congrats! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

texashatman

Familiar Face
Mario said:
Thank you, Scott! :)

The hat looks a bit battered in the photos but seems to be a pretty decent lid, especially at that price. A good brushing and steaming will get it back in shape quickly.

Congrats! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap
Thanks guys. I can see how this hat bug get's to a person. I wore modern westerns for so long I didn't know anything about felt quality. When I inherited a couple vintage Open Roads a couple years ago I got more interested in it. Now that I've been wearing fedoras for about a year I've found that I need different colors and styles and ribbons! What I'm really after is an Adam with the "missing front part of the bow. That's too cool.

This one I won today is just a practice hat really. For that price if I can clean it up and shape it half way decently I'll be happy.

Ephraim Tutt

One Too Many
Mario said:
Darn it! I just won this beautiful greenish-gray Knox with a whopping 3" brim (my largest by now and, for for some reason also my first Knox) and a lovely ribbon to go with it. Seems to have a few moth nibbles which failed to scare me away.

What's really buggin' me is the fact that I DID bid on the hat in the first place. And more so that I actually WON! ;)

Just a few days ago, I promised to myself (New Year's Eve, you know...:rolleyes: ) to call a halt to my shopping spree, at least for a few weeks. After all, it's the month after Christmas, and I'm going to suffer for making this purchase (even though it turned out to be a real steal...:D).

Is there no help? :eek: :p ;) :D

333557320_o.jpg

333557339_o.jpg

333557360_o.jpg

That's a beauty Mario.

At that price I reckon you'd be saying 'Darn it!' if you hadn't snapped it up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elzbthy