Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
fluteplayer07 said:
It's great! Anything more specific than pre-1940's? I don't think I've seen a sweat quite like it before.

No, not yet. My guess would be late '20s, mainly by comparing to my 'Standard Quality' (which others, but not 'the' others, have suggested is mid-'30s). The 'Standard' has |||| sweatband stitching, whereas this one has ^^^^. The Standard is stitched at the sweat seam, whereas this one is taped and has the tiny round size sticker. Both have curled sweatband edges, but this one is more pronounced. It also has a frayed bow, which I believe is more common to '20s (in fedoras), and a '20s-look bow design. Finally, the bird on the Select's sweatband stamp is weird and older-looking.

But if someone told me mid-30s on this one, it wouldn't surprise me.

ScottF said:
Stetson Select, 7 3/4 (24")

StetSelectSideLg.jpg

Fantastic! The sweat detail is amazing. It's a old one! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Maguire

Practically Family
such SAD news, i really LOVE this hat. Its not huge like my fed IV, and not too stingy like my Knox, its the quintessential fedora you'd see on a cop in a cop drama set in the 50s or so. I emailed the seller to see if they have anything like it in 7 3/8ths. I have no interest in making a stink about a refund or return, i knew what i was buying and he delivered everything very well. Here are some photos of it, you can see it doesn't fit ( X( X( X() but its a great hat :

DSCF2135.jpg

DSCF2136.jpg

DSCF2137.jpg

DSCF2138.jpg

Tragedy!

thanks for the info though- i wouldn't want to risk a hat stretcher, its a good hat and not worth ruining, especially since it looks the vintage role.

billyspew

One Too Many
jeffconnors said:
Picked up this guy today. A little small and a little above budget but... i'm hooked on hats...., and I could not resist the Adam Hats "eva-shape process" :) :D lol , looks from the 40's with the brown sweat band,crown protector and general style...It looks a little soft and i may rebash it sometime down the road....all and all I really enjoy the look.

294658008_tp.jpg
294658222_tp.jpg

That one has been relisted quite a few times. Love it everytime I see it, glad someone finally picked it up.
You're correct on the time estimate around '47-'50.

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
billyspew said:
That one has been relisted quite a few times. Love it everytime I see it, glad someone finally picked it up.
You're correct on the time estimate around '47-'50.

Yup -- very nice looking Adam.

Counting the recent acquisition by Tango Yankee, that's two fedoras in very short order that are "missing" the front part of the bow on the ribbon. Interesting...

Cheers,
JtL

jeffconnors

A-List Customer
jimmy the lid said:

Counting the recent acquisition by Tango Yankee, that's two fedoras in very short order that are "missing" the front part of the bow on the ribbon. Interesting...

Cheers,
JtL

I like it... I really enjoy the "Adam eva shape process" it think its pretty great

lucas-cranach-the-elder-adam-and-eve.jpg

billysmom

One Too Many

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
jimmy the lid said:

Cheers,
JtL

I got this Mallory (which, BTW is identical--literally--to my Knox foxhound except fot a back bow) a while back from the bay. Front part of the fat bow "missing" too. I love it!

DSC04257.jpg

DSC04258.jpg

rlk

I'll Lock Up

rlk

I'll Lock Up
ScottF said:
Sorry for running it up on you. You still got a good deal.
Not complaining, I thought I wasn't going to win it but your bid was much lower than expected. If it had one of those "Tom____"Creases or a pencil curl brim it would have gone for 3-4 times as much for a lesser quality hat.

carouselvic

I'll Lock Up
rlk said:
Not complaining, I thought I wasn't going to win it but your bid was much lower than expected. If it had one of those "Tom____"Creases or a pencil curl brim it would have gone for 3-4 times as much for a lesser quality hat.

It otter had brought more, must be made of some kind of rat.;)

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
rlk said:

I have too many hats...like everyone here :)

What intrigued me about that one was the color in a 3X, and the wide ribbon - I bet it's a great hat and look forward to seeing more revealing pics.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn