Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

Tooch

One of the Regulars
Just a few days ago, I promised to myself (New Year's Eve, you know... ) to call a halt to my shopping spree, at least for a few weeks. After all, it's the month after Christmas, and I'm going to suffer for making this purchase (even though it turned out to be a real steal...).

Oh ... I might have succumbed to temptation on that one, too. Looks like a beauty!

billysmom

One Too Many
Mario said:
Darn it! I just won this beautiful greenish-gray Knox with a whopping 3" brim (my largest by now and, for for some reason also my first Knox) and a lovely ribbon to go with it. Seems to have a few moth nibbles which failed to scare me away.

What's really buggin' me is the fact that I DID bid on the hat in the first place. And more so that I actually WON! ;)

Just a few days ago, I promised to myself (New Year's Eve, you know...:rolleyes: ) to call a halt to my shopping spree, at least for a few weeks. After all, it's the month after Christmas, and I'm going to suffer for making this purchase (even though it turned out to be a real steal...:D).

Is there no help? :eek: :p ;) :D

333557320_o.jpg

There is no help, Mario. Especially when wonderful hats like this one keep showing up! Congrats!

Sue​

hatted

One of the Regulars
Green Barbisio Longhair Backbow

I'm not sure why I made an offer on this guy, except that I've always liked Barbisios. I couldn't get the seller to give me more details (& pics) for the hat, but my offer of $2 was accepted. With S&H @ $8, it doesn't seem like a lot. Might be fun :p
D55415A.jpg

D55415b.jpg

fluteplayer07

One Too Many
$2? Are you kidding? (Albeit, shipping was 4 times more than the item itself) I've been searching through the 'bay for a Barbisio, but haven't found one. Anyways, congrats! :eusa_clap At $10, you really can't go wrong. Looks great!

ScottF

Call Me a Cab

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
I can't seem to find the thread where the repros were sold on the Hats forum, but they were beautiful, and the seller took a loss at around $200 each. The thread turned a bit ugly, so it may have been moved or deleted.

edit: found it, and it was cheaper than I thought

rlk

I'll Lock Up
ScottF said:
Cool. And for it's age, it looks like it's never been worn! (If it were only 5 years old, it would look like it had been worn?)
Could be less than 30 years old and very small...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apachepass