Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

Chinaski

One Too Many
ScottF said:
The ones you mention are generally in great condition, and still a good deal when you consider that felt quality can't be bought off the shelf today.

Agreed again, but doesn't it seem prices have moved upward geometrically on Royal Deluxes and Whippets? It seems so in the relatively short time I've been paying attention. Listen, I'm on board with you on the felt quality. I have a beautiful Royal Deluxe that I paid less than $50 to obtain.

boushi_mania

One of the Regulars
カンカン帽

Just won this:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180475258874

This was in response to my fiancée's intent to get me a boater for my birthday. As most of our resources are currently being focused towards the wedding, I decided that I might be able to save her some money by searching out a vintage one online. Seems like I did a pretty good job, if the pictures are anything to go by; much tighter weave than the one in the hat shop we checked out a couple weeks ago, and about $40 cheaper, even including shipping. Now, let's see if it fits.... :)

I was also going to try my luck at this one, but the seller took it down (a week early) before I could bid, offering no explanation whatsoever. I would have changed the ribbon anyway if I'd won it, so I guess I'm OK with that... but it was in mint condition for its age.

AlanD

Familiar Face
fedoras

Lets see if it worked this time.

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
Alan,

What's happening is that you're posting the URL to the entire album. If you hover your cursor over the photo on the album page, it will give you a menu of choices of links preformatted for posting on various forums. The one that uses the IMG tag is the one you want, just left click on it to select the entire link, then right click on that link and copy it. Then you can paste it here, and the photo will show up:

Stetsonstraw.jpg

Brad

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
Michaelshane said:
I thought about buying them just to sell one at a time.Could have made some money.I thought they would go higher,I didn't even try....:eusa_doh:

Yes, cleaned up with good photos, the two 7X's could have sold for $250 or so each. On the other hand, no telling what the winner's ceiling bid was.

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
Michaelshane said:
I thought about buying them just to sell one at a time.Could have made some money.I thought they would go higher,I didn't even try....:eusa_doh:

I tried with the same thought... came in 2nd.:eusa_doh:

Cheers,
Tom

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sirteen