Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

cookie

I'll Lock Up
Salty O'Rourke said:
4457665081_da9d5d5345.jpg

It exceeds my expectations! Hardly any signs of wear, supple sweatband, ultra-clean...and it is indeed Oxblood red, not brown. More pics later in New Hats and Disney Diner.

Sensational = any pics of the true colour?

Salty O'Rourke

Practically Family
cookie said:
Sensational = any pics of the true colour?

If you look at the pics I posted in the Disney Diner thread, the ones showing the sweatband detail show a bit of brim. Those are as close as I can get to showing the true color. The headshot I posted here is close, but not quite dark enough.

J. Hückel´s Söhne Bowler, Mayser ?

I won this tiny J. Hückel´s Söhne Bowler as a collectors piece. This one appears to be pre WWI and the first one I have seen with a J. Hückel´s Söhne label so very rare.

4466363565_00856eacc0_o.gif

I also won this size 59cm Mayser. It is displayed backwards on ladies manikin bust so not sure what to make of it. Could be a hybrid Fedora - Homburg.

4464500373_a1d558f9ff_o.gif

Tooch

One of the Regulars
Stratoliner

I finally landed a Stratoliner of my own -- a brown number that the seller says "looks to be unworn" and which certainly looks good in the photos. As always, I'll wait and report once it arrives.

Sometimes, I really appreciate having a small head.

Chinaski

One Too Many
Tooch, I checked out the pictures and it looks like it's in fantastic shape. I'm sure you're going to be very happy with that hat! And what a great price for a nice, old vintage lid...

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
rlk said:

Wow, that didn't last long on BIN!

Where'd they get their information? I have yet to run across any information of a fire at one of their factories in 1913, and it certainly didn't burn down if it did. At that time, they had two or three separate facilities in Norwalk, (can't remember off the top of my head) before they consolidated in a brand new factory in 1923.

So, someone took a gamble on the hat, not knowing the size. Was it you?

Brad

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
I asked about the size, but didn't get a response in the 1/2 hour interval between spotting it and the sale.

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Brad Bowers said:
Wow, that didn't last long on BIN!

Where'd they get their information? I have yet to run across any information of a fire at one of their factories in 1913, and it certainly didn't burn down if it did. At that time, they had two or three separate facilities in Norwalk, (can't remember off the top of my head) before they consolidated in a brand new factory in 1923.

So, someone took a gamble on the hat, not knowing the size. Was it you?

Brad
Yup, it was me. Liked that Chicagoan liner and impulse BIN'd. Does tha t C& K New York Sweatband Logo give you any date ideas?

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
rlk said:
Yup, it was me. Liked that Chicagoan liner and impulse BIN'd. Does tha t C& K New York Sweatband Logo give you any date ideas?

Good catch.

I know that logo was in use in the 1930s, but I don't know specific years beyond that.

I've seen an ad or something for the Chicagoan, but I can't remember where. It's not in my files.

Brad

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
The response I received from the seller:

there is just a little tag that reads: made under Hat Industry Code: 084897 with a "C" at the top. Using a ribbon to measure, inside brim band measures 22 inches, which translates into about a size 7, does it not? Thanks so much for your inquiry. I have a feeling this hat is a great find. JD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic