Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
About 12 bucks shipped on this one.

_1269270655668.jpg

_1269270670990.jpg

_1269270687480.jpg

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
Dreispitz said:
Looks like a Sea Splash brand lacquered straw.

I think with these super-cheap straws they released them under a whole bunch of generic name brands. I had one almost identical to this one that I sold the summer before last which was a different make, "bangora waterproofed", but almost identical.

Dreispitz

One Too Many
Dinerman said:
I think with these super-cheap straws they released them under a whole bunch of generic name brands. I had one almost identical to this one that I sold the summer before last which was a different make, but almost identical.

I bought one, last summer. lol

They seem to be handwoven. What do you think?

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
Pretty amazing price for that size. That being said, I think that the Stetson Vogue is one of the coolest Stetsons ever -- Stetson's "bold look" lid, and pretty darn rare, from what I've seen over time...

Cheers,
JtL

fluteplayer07

One Too Many
Dirty, stained, and not even a real Whippet. What happened?

Edit: This post makes a lot more sense when it's in its intended location: in front of JtL's post. Kinda cool he can answer my questions before I post them!

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
"Not even a real whippet"?

I've never understood the big deal over the model name. The hats are nice, but why does a hat with the "whippet" stamp sell for so much more than the same hat, or a nicer one with the exact dimensions without it? Especially when whippets are so common, as are open roads and stratoliners.

I'd much rather have a good looking, high quality hat for half the price or less than one with a model name that no one sees and 99% of the population doesn't care about.

fluteplayer07

One Too Many
Same reason why some spend $150 for a pair of Abercrombe jeans. But I shouldn't criticize. I've spent a fair amount on a Whippet in the past.

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
Felt quality should be the same as any other '40s Royal Deluxe Stetson.
I think I've only ever seen a handful marked "vogue"- so fairly rare.

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
Worth & Worth

Here's one that might be worth (haha) the $21 gamble. I know nothing about these, but looks like a frayed bow and possibly a leather sweatband with ribbon covering...but not sure.

Worth & Worth on ebay

!Bo,7Ju!!Wk~$(KGrHqQH-E!EuYz1,UnDBLnVQLcjfQ~~_12.JPG

!Bo2w6(w!Wk~$(KGrHqYH-DIEug86SOnTBLpMd)lm,!~~_12.JPG

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ayanda