Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
fluteplayer07 said:
:eusa_clap
How is it you always dig up all these amazing finds?

I mostly just look at the pictures and then click on the ones that I like - the two searches I have set up are very esoteric and seldom yield anything interesting.

Salty O'Rourke

Practically Family
Brown (I hope it's Oxblood) Disney

Waiting for this one to arrive - it may be that rare hat that really has never been worn - or else that "protective paper" was installed so the lid would fit the owner's melon...either way I'm hoping it lives up to expectations.

Mr E Train

One Too Many
Zanzibarstar said:
These just arrived today. I'm very happy with them! The first is a Churchill Italian Milan Straw Hat. I don't have much experience with straws, but this is the nicest, tightest, smallest weave I've seen.
DSC00529.jpg
[/IMG]
DSC00524.jpg
DSC00528.jpg

I really like that Milan. Nice color, and the ribbon is great.

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
That looks like a really nice one. :eusa_clap

Salty O'Rourke said:
Waiting for this one to arrive - it may be that rare hat that really has never been worn - or else that "protective paper" was installed so the lid would fit the owner's melon...either way I'm hoping it lives up to expectations.

Michaelshane

One Too Many
Salty O'Rourke said:
I bid on this one too.Looks like paper to make the hat fit someone with a small head.It also looks like a very good hat.Nice buy.....:eusa_clap

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
Lefty said:
You weren't afraid to really sink the hook into that one, were you. It looks like you'll reel in some nice ones.

Stetson Standard Quality bowler

That brown derby also has the old 1920's 'Extra' sweatband stamp (like my current avatar) - this derby and the Stetsonian I picked up last month are the only two I've seen with that logo. Someone got a really fantastic hat at a steal of a price - wish it had been a 7 1/4!

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
jeffconnors said:
Am I the only one who feels like the victim of an assault after a seller replies to a question in CAPSLOCK!!
CAPSLOCK is for assembly programing only, not business

WE LOVE YOU JEFF!

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
Salty O'Rourke said:

My humble opinion is that you did FANTASTIC on that hat, regardless of how much it's been worn.

jeffconnors

A-List Customer
Bill Greene said:
Jeff:

Would it be possible, and I'm sure I speak for many of us here, for you to LET SOME OF US BUY ONE OF THE GOOD HATS OFF EBAY EVERY NOW AND THEN?? ;)

Just kidding you Bro, I know how you love those caps.

Bill

lol lol , Im working on a hat-oply gotta snag the well hidden good finds when I find em...they usally make there way back to the bay after I have looked em over;)

top_hat.jpg

Michaelshane

One Too Many
Chinaski said:
Michaelshane, given the recent stratospheric pricing on Whippets, I'd say you did well on a nice one in good shape. Wish I'd seen it!
I saw it when it still had no bids asked the seller to consider a buy it now,and made a deal.I've wanted a brown one for a long time so I'm happy.I've paid less for great hats but I still say a fine vintage hat under $500.00 is a steal,they don't make them anymore.

Mario

I'll Lock Up
jeffconnors said:
ORG 0X00

START:
MOVLW 0XFF
MOVWF PORTB
MOVLW 0XFF
ANDWF PORT B
GOTO START
END
[/IMG]

Oh my gosh...

To my sore eyes this looks vaguely like...hmmm - call it vintage(!) - Intel 8080/Zilog Z80 assembler mnemonics. Sinclair ZX81 or maybe ZX Spectrum... :eek:

When we were younger, so much younger than today... :(

Sometimes I can still feel the 1980's in my every bone... :p ;)

jeffconnors

A-List Customer
Mario said:
Oh my gosh...

To my sore eyes this looks vaguely like...hmmm - call it vintage(!) - Intel 8080/Zilog Z80 assembler mnemonics. Sinclair ZX81 or maybe ZX Spectrum... :eek:

When we were younger, so much younger than today... :(

Sometimes I can still feel the 1980's in my every bone... :p ;)
Bingo!! Mabey a little AX,BX,CX and DX will bring back some more of the 80^s. What a great programming Lang. And the perfect time to use the old CAPSLOCK

lostinperiphery

Familiar Face
just received this stingy brimmed 'knox custom' in a dark charcoal grey... I really like this hat! the felt is very soft, and 'molded' to shape much more easily than my other vintage hats. Of course, the cav edge is always nice to have... I really like the color, and I was especially happy that it wasn't too snug on my head, as many 7 3/8's are... I know stingies aren't the most popular here, but I actually prefer them on my noggin' :eusa_clap

Can anyone help me with a date, or more information on this model?

thanks!!!
charcoalknox.jpg

charcoalknoxinside1.jpg

charcoalknoxinside2.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR