Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
The Avenue may have gone for more if it had been advertised as such. You (I'm guessing) were the only one to ask about other markings.

Peschel

This beautiful - pristine black German made Peschel (57cm) went for 14,63 EURO on Germany eBay.

4484435226_0935510135_o.gif

4483772673_57d21b08ab_o.gif

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
Lefty said:
The Avenue may have gone for more if it had been advertised as such. You (I'm guessing) were the only one to ask about other markings.

I wasn't the one who asked - trying to thin the herd, so avoiding temptation...but noticed the 'ask the seller' note and couldn't resist. Just hoping it's not too big.

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
mayserwegener said:
This beautiful - pristine black German made Peschel (57cm) went for 14,63 EURO on Germany eBay.

4484435226_0935510135_o.gif

[/IMG]

Great-looking hat - has the look of the old Stetson dress westerns.

blixa00

One of the Regulars
Hey ScottF if that Avenue turns out to be too big for you let me know...I would be happy to help you out with your problem!!;) I was watching that one but ended up bidding on a Knox instead...

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
jeffconnors said:
You beat me on the avenue....What was your high bid?

It was VERY high. If I were buying it to re-sell, I would have bid about $60 and cleaned it up. But I'm keeping either it or the Borso, maybe both, and bid accordingly for each.

Hereward

One of the Regulars
Here’s my latest purchase, an English fedora, which I got for a song from a seller on Ebay who was in Guernsey. The sweatband needed refixing and I had to brush it like mad because it was dusty as anything but there are no moth signs or anything else apart from a somewhat stained lining. The bash was redone by me after I made it open crown to brush it. Very 1940s I thought.

In the mirror I didn’t like how it looked on me but in a photo I thought it passed muster and have grown to like it. Yesterday I went to hear Mozart’s Requiem at St Martin-in-the-Fields church in London and wore it. Not in church, of course, that is to be deprecated. The church is not far from where the hat was sold originally; it being a Woodrow of Piccadilly, who were hatmakers to the royalty.

S5000302.jpg

S5000301.jpg

Blk40.jpg

Hereward

One of the Regulars
Apologies. I spend an hour trying to link from Photobucket using the instructions in the FAQ but can't make it work. The link one finds in 'Share' doesn't work and right clicking leads me to a Flash page and not to any 'Properties' button. Hence my problem.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart