Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

Michaelshane

One Too Many
P1050824.jpg

Hereward

One of the Regulars
Thanks. I am now inserting this Image Code after clicking the icon 'Insert Image' and after removing the Http:/ I find there but this does not work either; even though thi seems to be exactly following the instructions to me.

Hereward said:
Here’s my latest purchase, an English fedora, which I got for a song from a seller on Ebay who was in Guernsey. The sweatband needed refixing and I had to brush it like mad because it was dusty as anything but there are no moth signs or anything else apart from a somewhat stained lining. The bash was redone by me after I made it open crown to brush it. Very 1940s I thought.

In the mirror I didn’t like how it looked on me but in a photo I thought it passed muster and have grown to like it. Yesterday I went to hear Mozart’s Requiem at St Martin-in-the-Fields church in London and wore it. Not in church, of course, that is to be deprecated. The church is not far from where the hat was sold originally; it being a Woodrow of Piccadilly, who were hatmakers to the royalty.

S5000301.jpg

Nice find! :eusa_clap You might want to hit it with some steam while brushing. Also compressed air. Black hats especially show dust. Can we see a liner and sweat photo?

Mr E Train

One Too Many
Hereward said:
Alas! You can't see any photo because I can't figure out how to post these.

Hereward, if you're viewing your Photobucket album as in Michaelshane's photo above, just click on the image, and then you'll get that pop-down menu as you see in the photo. Click on Direct Link, which will highlight the link in that field, which you can only partially see. Once the link is highlighted in blue, press Control and C on your keyboard at the same time, which will copy it to the clipboard. Then to display the image in your post, you have to click on the "Insert Image" icon (the one that looks like a picture of mountains with the moon above) and then paste the link by pressing Control + V on your keyboard to paste it, and click OK.

I know those instructions are probably more basic than you need, and I hope it didn't come across as condescending, but I don't know how much computer knowledge you have. That's what I do for a living, provide software support to people who are usually proficient, but that sometimes have virtually no knowledge of computers, so you get used to providing instructions that are somewhat didactic because you don't know if the person on the other end is a young computer geek or an older lady who just used a PC for the first time two days ago. ;)

DOUGLAS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
That Motor is a great pick up Dman. When you receive it please let us know if it is as light weight as it looks. It seems to be from the pics a fantastic hat.

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
ScottF said:
It makes one for me.

Good stuff, Scott.

Lefty -- good guess, but I've only got two. :) Actually, one would have been enough, but when another one showed up complete with small presentation box, I couldn't resist...I need to post that one in the Stetson Stuff thread...

Cheers,
JtL

CRH

Call Me a Cab
Dinerman said:
I won both of these.

...[/IMG]

_1270229011500.jpg

BORN TO BE WILD

Words and music by Mars Bonfire

Get your motor runnin'
Head out on the highway
Lookin' for adventure
And whatever comes our way
Yeah Darlin' go make it happen
Take the world in a love embrace
Fire all of your guns at once
And explode into space

I like smoke and lightning
Heavy metal thunder
Racin' with the wind
And the feelin' that I'm under
Yeah Darlin' go make it happen
Take the world in a love embrace
Fire all of your guns at once
And explode into space

Like a true nature's child
We were born, born to be wild
We can climb so high
I never wanna die

Born to be wild
Born to be wild

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
jimmy the lid said:
Good stuff, Scott.

Lefty -- good guess, but I've only got two. :) Actually, one would have been enough, but when another one showed up complete with small presentation box, I couldn't resist...I need to post that one in the Stetson Stuff thread...

Cheers,
JtL

Thanks jtl. I've spent about $2K on art in the last two weeks and will be paying for it in hat-flesh, so I just won my last hat for the forseeable future - a little small, but the closest Nutria I've been able to afford anywhere near my size:

Stetson Nutria on ebay

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart