Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Lefty said:
One of the better ebay questions I've seen - from a live auction, for a hat with a cav edge:

Q: The brim width....2 and 11/16ths? I'm sorry, but that doesn't work out to anything I can comprehend. If I got this hat, I'd need the brim to be pretty close to 3" all the way around, so i could do a dimensional cut on it to make it 2.75" in the front and back and 2.25" on the sides....is there enough brim to do that? Also...can you tell me what the open crown measurement is on the hat? Thanks! Christian
He should be OK if he can get that lumpy edge to "reverse-felt" and flatten back out to its full dimension.

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
^ha!

Couple the lack of comprehension with the "need" for this hat to have a certain brim width so that he can chop the cav edge to make what is probably a craptacular Indy hat, and you've got a guy you just don't want to win the auction.

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
Lefty said:
^ha!

Couple the lack of comprehension with the "need" for this hat to have a certain brim width so that he can chop the cav edge to make what is probably a craptacular Indy hat, and you've got a guy you just don't want to win the auction.

Oh, the horror! I hope he doesn't win the auction.

Brad

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
Toppers aren't my thing, but someone got a nice one here.
R755.jpg
R755-2.jpg

CRH

Call Me a Cab
Lefty said:
One of the better ebay questions I've seen - from a live auction, for a hat with a cav edge:

Q: The brim width....2 and 11/16ths? I'm sorry, but that doesn't work out to anything I can comprehend. If I got this hat, I'd need the brim to be pretty close to 3" all the way around, so i could do a dimensional cut on it to make it 2.75" in the front and back and 2.25" on the sides....is there enough brim to do that? Also...can you tell me what the open crown measurement is on the hat? Thanks! Christian

Q: Does the hat have "Michael Jackson" labeled on it anywhere? I'm looking for a Michael Jackson hat and I'm rich and stupid. thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy