Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

Mario

I'll Lock Up
Steve...

For some reason I was pretty sure that you'd score this one. Congrats! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

mayserwegener said:
I picked up this dark green Hückel Seal Velour. It's an old one but could be transitional (post WWII).

!B3T,m6Q!2k~$(KGrHqYOKnME)5UOJ1GHBMlsNchd+!~~0_3.JPG

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110588486999&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

I think that Borsa is going to turn out really nice once Robert does some grooming. :)

Mario, It does have a shorter brim (probably 2 inches and not 1 3/4 as listed) which I am sure held some people back. Not sure if it will fit but took a chance. If not I can pet it like my other small size velours. :)

Mario

I'll Lock Up
jonbuilder said:
I just pick up this pre Resistol hat from ebay

Lovely hat! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

You can read up a bit on that hat and the Resistol/Rolnick history here. Thanks again to RLK. :)

Some Ebay dealings turn out to be slightly...um...incestious. Makes me think of that Level 42 song, "Running in the family". :D

Mobile Vulgus

One Too Many
Lefty said:

I looked at that one, too. But I have decided not to buy any more 7-1/8 sizers because they are just too loose so I didn't bid on it. I guess I have to realize that I am a firm size 7 even tho some of the new hats I've bought were size 7-1/8. I bought a Charlie One Horse cowboy hat at 7-1/8 and it fits perfectly.

I like that one, though. Good hat.

jonbuilder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
It will be in the mail tomorrow. It really is a nice hat and I hope you enjoy it.[/QUOTE]
Stolie I am excited to see the hat. My hat first hat purchase in about six months. I am a Resistol fan owning two, one I believe from the 1940s is a blue gray OR style with more brim, and the other is a newer Resistol 100 I had reblock one sized down, and re shaped.
Mario thanks for the link
I will post the hat when it arrives

Mobile Vulgus

One Too Many
The vision in my head...

On those furry hats, I get a vision in my head of some artist type with his overcoat on his shoulders but without his arms in the sleeves. Maybe a monocle, too! And he definitely has to have a gold handled walking stick! He has to have one of those. And when he talks he makes big gestures.
:)

MisterGrey

Practically Family
The Scala came in... Unfortunately, though it's marked an XL and their size chart claims this will fit a 7 1/2 head, by my measurement it's actually a 7 1/4. Ah well. It's a pretty nice hat, too. Thankfully there's a seven day return policy from the buyer I got it from.

Mobile Vulgus

One Too Many
MisterGrey said:
The Scala came in... Unfortunately, though it's marked an XL and their size chart claims this will fit a 7 1/2 head, by my measurement it's actually a 7 1/4. Ah well. It's a pretty nice hat, too. Thankfully there's a seven day return policy from the buyer I got it from.

Argh! So far two hats have come to me at a different size than advertised. Unfortunately they are both vintage and cannot be returned for the correct size.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou