Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Mario said:
Lovely fedora by Harry Rolnick. The color combo is a killer and I think that this time it was fair that the seller used the word 'rare' in the listing. Someone will be very happy about this one; I'm anxious to see if I know him...
Was previously discussed in Resistol Thread. I wouldn't be certain its Harry, but a nice hat in any case.

Mobile Vulgus

One Too Many
A Dayton...

I just won this nice gray Dayton "genuine imported fur" tonight. (if "won" is the word. I DO have to pay for it, after all)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270637328440&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

gray_dayton_01.jpg

gray_dayton_02.jpg

gray_dayton_03.jpg

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
jimmy the lid said:
Not to worry -- it's not a Stetson Playboy...;)

I'm not sure it's even accurate to call it a clone. Looks like something that dates from the mid-60's at the earliest.

Cheers,
JtL

They get real sneaky with the wording on some of these listings. If that's a Playboy than so am I.lol

Mario

I'll Lock Up
rlk said:
Was previously discussed in Resistol Thread. I wouldn't be certain its Harry, but a nice hat in any case.

Missed that one, thanks. What I found funny about that little "60-Second Close-up" you posted is that they obviously put together the surnames of Ed Byer and Harry Rolnick and gave it it Rolnick: "Byer Rolnick is a big city boy...". [huh] I always thought that sloppy research (or the lack thereof, sloppy or not) is a trademark of today's newspaper writers. :rolleyes:

BanjoMerlin

A-List Customer
jimmy the lid said:
Not to worry -- it's not a Stetson Playboy...;)

I'm not sure it's even accurate to call it a clone. Looks like something that dates from the mid-60's at the earliest.

Cheers,
JtL

I'm pretty sure Stetson started using the centennial (1865 - 1965) logo boxes around 1965 but I'm not sure when they ran out of those boxes.

A nice hat but not a Playboy.

Mobile Vulgus

One Too Many
A Bohn?

It is a German hat, I assume. A "Bohm Wien" on the liner. This one is a really nice blueish, steel gray. A thinish, 1 inch matching ribbon. It has a short crown. 2-3/4 inch brim. Seller said size 7 but it seems a tad loose, but not overly so. Maybe really a 7-1/8? A really nice, clean hat.

bohn_gray_02.jpg

bohn_gray_03.jpg

bohn_gray_01.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou