Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

Rodkins

Call Me a Cab
Great find! I really like the proportions on this one. The felt color, and the ribbon's makes for a great combination. The feather even looks good on it.

Thanks guys. It is definitely something different for me. Still getting used to it also.

buler

I'll Lock Up
Dunlap sign

This went higher than I was hoping. Would have liked to hung this on the wall.

B

dunlap_sign.jpg

DunlapSign

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Very nice. Everything Havershaw is selling is wonderful. It seems that all of the tiny heads with fantastic collections are selling off some great hats.

the incredible Oviatt's 7 1/4 went for half of what I expected

Unfortunately most of the listings share the trend to claim fedoras are from the 30's when 90 % are from the 50's.
And multiple sellers are claiming Mallorys are pre-Stetson when they have 1817 dates on the label indicating the opposite.
They are still great hats.

Last edited:

BanjoMerlin

A-List Customer
Unfortunately most of the listings share the trend to claim fedoras are from the 30's when 90 % are from the 50's.
And multiple sellers are claiming Mallorys are pre-Stetson when they have 1817 dates on the label indicating the opposite.
They are still great hats.

Not such a bad selling strategy. If they are lucky enough to get two (or more) bidders who don't know what they are bidding on it is unlikely they would get any complaints.

I no longer bother attempting to educate those who over-fluff their descriptions or the buyers who think they have something special. If they never try to sell it they will be happy forever.

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Borso Bonanza!

First I scored this Peter Bros Borso-

indyborso1.jpg

Indyborso3.jpg

Indyborso2.jpg

Now I've dropped the hammer on this 'un:

borsocrushable.jpg

Borsalino Crushable Felt Fedora/Safari Sage Hat

I have been less than thrilled with every 'crushable' fur felt I have owned- save this Lagomarsino I have. I sold my Akubra traveller as soon as I got it. I hope this will be a keeper.
Both are -1 size but I'll slap 'em on the stretcher & put 'em right!

Both for insane prices that made 'em a no brainer...whoo hoo!
I must be livin' right, eh?
:D

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters