Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

Michael Carter

One of the Regulars
Not a hat, but I picked up a nice Harris Tweed jacket a few minutes ago for this season. Made for Joseph Banks. Never shopped there before so I don't know what to expect except that Harris Tweed is Harris Tweed no matter where you buy it.

DSCF8460.JPG

CRH

Call Me a Cab

Does anyone know when Lion Hats morphed into the Beaver Brand? I'd like an apx. date to put to this.[/COLOR]

Not that I know of but any Lion Hats hat is of historical value around here - it's one of those brands that just hasn't received much attention. Could we see a better pic of the sweat and liner details, Rick?

Chinaski

One Too Many
Heck, I still regret not being able to buy the 1954 Volkswagon barn-door bus with semaphore turn signals and factory-installed vent that I could have had for $400 in 1980. Of course, the fact that I was laid off from my factory job and the first wife wasn't working due to a broken leg meant that $400 may as well as been $4M, but still...

Cheers,
Tom

Tom, that's a great story! I got a good chuckle out of that so thanks for posting!

JimC

New in Town
Eeeeeek!!! Rick....that feather band is scary! But what a great conversion project! I'm on the hunt for something similar in tan/light brown but 7 5/8 LO or 7 3/4 is hard to find. Good luck with it and post pics!

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Not that I know of but any Lion Hats hat is of historical value around here - it's one of those brands that just hasn't received much attention. Could we see a better pic of the sweat and liner details, Rick?
Just as soon as I get it in the mail I'll try to post better photos. These are just the sorry auction pix.

Eeeeeek!!! Rick....that feather band is scary! But what a great conversion project! I'm on the hunt for something similar in tan/light brown but 7 5/8 LO or 7 3/4 is hard to find. Good luck with it and post pics!

... looks like whats left in the ring after a cock fight! lol
I will post photos as soon as I have the stones to take a knife to it! :eek:

rlk

I'll Lock Up
[
Does anyone know when Lion Hats morphed into the Beaver Brand? I'd like an apx. date to put to this.[/COLOR]

They didn't exactly. Its another label for Langenburg Hat Co. I've seen it used at least into the 60's. They may even still use it on occasion. They sell Langenburg Hats for Outdoors currently.
Word Mark BEAVER BRAND HATS
Goods and Services IC 025. US 039. G & S: MEN'S AND BOY'S HATS AND CAPS. FIRST USE: 18900000. FIRST USE IN COMMERCE: 18900000

Serial Number 73261188
Filing Date May 7, 1980
Current Filing Basis 1A
Original Filing Basis 1A
Published for Opposition September 29, 1981
Registration Number 1183052
Registration Date December 22, 1981
Owner (REGISTRANT) LANGENBERG HAT CO. CORPORATION MISSOURI P. O. BOX 17 MARTHASVILLE MISSOURI 63357

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
They didn't exactly. Its another label for Langenburg Hat Co. I've seen it used at least into the 60's. They may even still use it on occasion. They sell Langenburg Hats for Outdoors currently.
Word Mark BEAVER BRAND HATS
Goods and Services IC 025. US 039. G & S: MEN'S AND BOY'S HATS AND CAPS. FIRST USE: 18900000. FIRST USE IN COMMERCE: 18900000

Serial Number 73261188
Filing Date May 7, 1980
Current Filing Basis 1A
Original Filing Basis 1A
Published for Opposition September 29, 1981
Registration Number 1183052
Registration Date December 22, 1981
Owner (REGISTRANT) LANGENBERG HAT CO. CORPORATION MISSOURI P. O. BOX 17 MARTHASVILLE MISSOURI 63357

Thanks rik!

Hopefully there is a thin ribbon under that mass of absurd chicken feathers. I figure to trim & reflange the brim and give it a teardrop crown.

Does anyone know when Lion Hats morphed into the Beaver Brand? I'd like an apx. date to put to this.

I didn't know that it did, but that's a very useful tidbit of information! Sorry, should have read all the posts before responding....

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eve_grace