Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

Gumbo Book

Familiar Face
I was watching that too. Kind of makes me think what will happen when Adventurebilt do eventually stop making them. But..that must be a great hat for a collector.

$650 new though.

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
I was cleaning out my watch list and don't think anyone posted this one. An Adventurebilt goes for $1055
B

I tend to skim auctions if I'm not interested in bidding. Did that one come with an $800 rebate?

This 6 7/8 100 went for under $60, MJones' Knox 50 couldn't manage $70, and this 7XCB barely cleared $80. They're smaller sizes, but those prices are still crazy. Shipping on the AB was about the same as any of the 3 other hats.

Last edited:

rlk

I'll Lock Up
I tend to skim auctions if I'm not interested in bidding. Did that one come with an $800 rebate?

This 6 7/8 100 went for under $60, MJones' Knox 50 couldn't manage $70, and this 7XCB barely cleared $80. They're smaller sizes, but those prices are still crazy. Shipping on the AB was about the same as any of the 3 other hats.

I think we'll be seeing the 7XCB....
Does H Ford deliver the AB for $70.00?(and the extra $400.00)wow-generic white liner matches original too!!

bolthead

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hapsburg

I just won this and was wondering if anyone here, "Robert, Lefty, Dinerman, Garrett, Buler, Mayser," to name a few has ever heard of this maker? I thought it was interesting looking enough for me to bid on it. From the wide detailed gros, to the wide interesting looking sweatband, to the stitched brim edge.

These are shots from the seller, more to come when in hand.

hapsburg3.jpg
hapsburg4.jpg

hapsburg2.jpg

hapsburg.jpg

I just won this and was wondering if anyone here, "Robert, Lefty, Dinerman, Garrett, Buler, Mayser," to name a few has ever heard of this maker? I thought it was interesting looking enough for me to bid on it. From the wide detailed gros, to the wide interesting looking sweatband, to the stitched brim edge.

These are shots from the seller, more to come when in hand.

hapsburg3.jpg
hapsburg4.jpg

hapsburg2.jpg

hapsburg.jpg

Kurt, Wow that is really fantastic! It is definitely Austrian and looks to be in very old + great condition. I will say more on the other thread.

Last edited:

buler

I'll Lock Up

No rebate, but it was stored in a temperature controlled environment and a plexi-glass case. From now on all of my hats for sale are stored in a climate controlled wood and glass box (my house....).

Great hut, Bolt!!

B

Mobile Vulgus

One Too Many
On that "Indy Hat," I'm sorry, but nothing that wasn't actually IN THE MOVIE should be qualified as the "rarest Indiana Jones items in the world." It was NOT in the movie and was not connected to it in but the most tangential of ways. How in the good lord's name someone thought it was worth a thousand dollars I'll never understand.

Jedwbpm

One Too Many
Ok last week I won a FederationIV Deluxe on ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...dzVt8II%3D&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK:MEWNX:IT . Got if for a good price I think. Well It came in the mail today. Here it is out of the box no brushing or rebashing. It is a 61 and I am a 60 so it is a little loose but I can fix that. Question, I have a hat shop near by. Would you bring it in for a cleaning and blocking?. The bash seems a little off center.
Heritagefront.jpg

Heritageside.jpg

HeritageFix.jpg

HeritagefrontIndy.jpg

Jeff

Jedwbpm

One Too Many
Yup the inside is off center too because of it. Looks like it is off to the hat shop. would you have them set the crease or just have them give it back open crown and do it myself?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran