Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

carter

I'll Lock Up
Nice Gun Club

tortswon said:
I bought this last night on eBay. I've never seen a Stetson Gun Club that looks quite like this. It just called out to me. Can someone give me a little insight on what I just purchased? Thanks, Sam

186625680_tp.jpg

Sam, You and the Tinman are killing me! :rage: I had that Gun Club until the final seconds. :( I should have pulled the trigger before the initial bid when it was BIN. :eusa_doh:

I believe that long beaver felt Gun Club dates to the 50's. It's a Royal Deluxe so you have a good felt. The ribbon is excellent. An excellent hat. :)

Please let me know if you decide not to keep it.

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
Somehow I can visualize Robert Stack shooting skeet with that Gun Club on his head.
Anyway, here's my latest. I'm tempted to say that I was disappointed, because it wasn't exactly what I was expecting. I thought it was larger and older. It's clearly a 60's vintage hat. It's a Lock & Co, made in England for Brooks Bros. I just couldn't pass it up. It definitely has more of an Inspector Gadget vibe than a Leslie Howard. It could use a little cleaning, too. But it's a very fine hat. I'll have to adjust my brain the the early 60's aesthetic.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=320311032480
Locke1.jpg

Locke3.jpg

I guess I'll have to wear this tie with it. When I acquired this tie, JFK was president. And I don't believe I've worn it since. Still, it's a mighty sweet littletie.
plaidtie.jpg

I'm thinking the whole ensemble will wind up, while I keep the mustache, with a later David Niven caste to it.

Torpedo

One Too Many
Hi dhermann,

I have some stingies, and a little tweaking with creases can improve the overall appearance. Give it a chance!

BTW, If you are not going to use the tie, I would give it a caring home! ;)

Viper Man

Banned
Double Header

Two hats from one seller for under $40 shipped on a BIN. Not too shabby...

First hat is a black Cavanagh with what appears to be a wider brim than I usually see on these...

340946029.jpg

Next is an unidentified straw (appears to be Milan?) with a cool striped pug...

340946026.jpg

The straw is in my size (minus LO) but the Cavanagh is one size smaller and may require a trip to Optimo.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats