Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

Vintage Betty

My Mail is Forwarded Here
carter said:
BIN was $74.76 + $9.76 shipping.

You'll never see it on my head. It's a size 7 1/8 and I wear a 7 5/8.

It was just too nice to pass up!
:)

Carter you are....as bad as me [bad] . That's a great price for that hat!

This is a hat I won recently, it's a childs straw hat. I believe it to be circa 1800-1815, but there is a bit of discussion about the date over in the Powder Room. I can't wear my new hat either! lol

1800s_straw1a.JPG

1800s_straw2a.JPG

1800s_straw3a.JPG

1800s_straw4a.JPG

carter

I'll Lock Up
Sometimes bad's a good thing.

I saw that bonnet whilst lurking about the Powder Room one day. :eek: :eek: [huh]

These two hats look like they could be courting in an old Tom Mix film.
;) :)

carter

I'll Lock Up
Vintage Betty said:
Let's hope not, since mine is a child's hat. :eusa_doh:

Hmmm...good point. Especially since the gents wearing 7 1/8 hats in the FL tend to be nefarious types. :cool2: :beer: :whistling shhhhhhhh ;) :)

carter

I'll Lock Up

carouselvic

I'll Lock Up
G W Alexander & Co., Inc.

G
Made by G W Alexander & Co., Inc. of Reading PA. It was retailed by Leuthold & Groce in Albert Lea, Minn. I Googled this company and they show up in the American Trade Index 1906 National Assc. of Mfg. He was listed as a maker of felt hats. The only other name that I recognized on that list was John B. Stetson.

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
I don't know if the companies are related or whether it's conincidence, but this is the only other Alexander that I can remember seeing.
DSC_0050.jpg

DSC_0048.jpg

DSC_0049.jpg

randooch

I'll Lock Up
Recent win

My first Champ, posing with one of my wee-hours creations.

Champ velo...
Edit your images

edit | move | tag | share | delete

100_0905.jpg
IMG Code

randooch

I'll Lock Up
Last attempt, pre-counseling

A recent win --Velour Champ-- posing next to one of my wee-hours creations.

http://i380.photobucket.com/albums/oo241/randoochie/100_0905.jpg[/IMG]

Viper Man

Banned
Viper Man said:
Two hats from one seller for under $40 shipped on a BIN. Not too shabby...

First hat is a black Cavanagh with what appears to be a wider brim than I usually see on these...

340946029.jpg

Next is an unidentified straw (appears to be Milan?) with a cool striped pug...

340946026.jpg

The straw is in my size (minus LO) but the Cavanagh is one size smaller and may require a trip to Optimo.

Happy day! The hats arrived and I am ecstatic. The straw is nothing too special, a nice hat at a great price, BUT...

The Cavanagh is a drop dead gorgeous 40s-early 50s in NOS condition. It has a tall crown and a 2 3/8" wide brim. The felt is amazingly soft and light. Just an amazing hat. I don't have a camera at the moment but I'll try to get some shots up ASAP.

Just when you start lose faith in ebay, you find an incredible deal and get sucked back in again! lol

Daoud

One of the Regulars
randooch said:
Hmmm. Speedbump reappears!

Hey randooch- Photobucket gives me some similar headaches- mainly because the location of the image has extraneous data- for instance, when I copy and paste the URL of an image, it has usually three extra characters which if I don't delete them, will cause the image to fail to load- I have no clue as to why, and I can't recall how I figured it out:eek: .....sorry can't be more specific but I am not Mr. Technical Guy myself.......

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vladyslav