Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

danofarlington

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Happens all the time. I've seen many open crowned fedoras on the 'Bay being advertised as bowlers or derbies. [huh]:rolleyes:

Many of them are labeled "100% wool," when you can see they are fur felt. At least they get the "hat" part right. Or, maybe I should look under "jock straps" just in case one was miscategorized. I wouldn't count that out of the realm of possibility on E Bay.

Ordinary Guy

One Too Many
I have searched for Fedora 7 1/4 and got lots of hats...

Then search for Borsalino 7 1/4 and got hats that were and were not in my first search..

It makes one scratch ones head

Another personal Ebay pet peeve - the obligatory turned out sweatband... I know everyone is dreaming of finding money buried in there, but sometimes I swear I can hear the stitches popping.

fmw

One Too Many
I have searched for Fedora 7 1/4 and got lots of hats...

Then search for Borsalino 7 1/4 and got hats that were and were not in my first search..

It makes one scratch ones head

The reason is some didn't have "fedora" in the auction title. You will find even more by using just "borsalino". Sometimes they don't put the size in the title. You can select the size you want over in the left hand column.

SteveAS

Practically Family
Does anyone know anthything about this little furry thing? The Playboy II designation seems to mean just about anything, and this one looked particularly interesting (didn't win it, unfortunately, but probably good for my finances).

I have a Biltmore marked Canadian Beaver (though it's not furry like this). That and the gold foil size tag mean it was likely made by Biltmore, under license from Stetson.

Yeps

Call Me a Cab
I have a Biltmore marked Canadian Beaver (though it's not furry like this). That and the gold foil size tag mean it was likely made by Biltmore, under license from Stetson.

I figured it was probably a Biltmore. It looked like an interesting hat. Lately I have been wanting a longhair, and a homburg. This looked at least sorta like a longhair homburg, so it would have fit the bill perfectly.

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
It's a flashback to the early days of Ebay, before people figured out that this sort of bidding helped no one but the seller! :eusa_doh:

This will be an interesting one to watch. Thanks for posting it, Lefty!

Cheers,
Tom

Happens all the time. I've seen many open crowned fedoras on the 'Bay being advertised as bowlers or derbies. [huh]:rolleyes:

Also with open crown Homburgs. I have gotten some nice ones this way. :)

Oh my gosh! What a beauty! :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

If it was yours I'd most definitely pester you with mails and try to make you sell it to me (as it's obviously too small for you anyway). Why do I never find anything like that? [huh]

I thought you might have seen it so didn't alert. I was thinking of bidding because you just don't see old light color velours and this one looked to be in good condition (no mothing).

Mario

I'll Lock Up
I thought you might have seen it so didn't alert. I was thinking of bidding because you just don't see old light color velours and this one looked to be in good condition (no mothing).

No, I obviously didn't. Otherwise I'd have put in a bid. You seem to find more nice hats on the German Ebay than I do, but then I have to admit that I don't scoop Ebay Germany that regulary as most hats they have on offer are rather disappointing. Should you find anything like that hat again make sure to ring the alarm bell, please! :)

BTW: what was the winning bid on that one?

Last edited:
No, I obviously didn't. Otherwise I'd have put in a bid. You seem to find more nice hats on the German Ebay than I do, but then I have to admit that I don't scoop Ebay Germany that regulary as most hats they have on offer are rather disappointing. Should you find anything like that hat again make sure to ring the alarm bell, please! :)

BTW: what was the winning bid on that one?

This one went rather high. I think around 70 EURO but definitely a rare one.

I actually enjoy hunting for diamonds on German eBay. :)

Mobile Vulgus

One Too Many
This one came today...

Stetson Celluloid pinback, 1896 patent date...

5336105049_d5fa62f9fe_m.jpg

5336104997_03045d0c5b_m.jpg

It is 1 inch wide by 5/8.

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
I have one of those too, M Vulgus. Isn't that a cool pin? Considering the small size, the detail is really remarkable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn