Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

danofarlington

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Yes, and some of the prices are out-of-sight!

At what point would Stetson just break down and re-issue the vintage hat as a new hat? I'd probably buy one. As to the prices, I'm going to hold my fire until I see a Stetson 25 or a Stetson 100, or a 7x clear beaver, in my size, when I have the money (hopefully I will some day). Then I'll be prepared to pay a price.

Justin B

One Too Many
I just bought a nice homburg a member here was auctioning, but I've set myself a budget, at least for a while. I rarely repeat wear a hat more than once in a week...so the collection is growing.

billyspew

One Too Many
Just got myself another Adam Derby (thanks to the lounger who pointed it out). Still trying to find the one that truly fits, hopefully this will be it!

!CBoG1L!Bmk~$(KGrHqMOKiMEzTrieU9rBNIeyK7K9Q~~0_35.JPG

Donny2guns

Familiar Face
I have to say, this saddens me. The prices are getting pretty obscene in my opinion. But I guess it's only obscene because the prices have left my price range far behind! :)

Agreed. I saw a Stetson Deluxe homburg go for less than $20 and couldn't believe it. Havnt seen that low for a while. I'll keep watching but for now will only spend the high price for a Stetson Strat or a Stetson 20 or maybe a nice vintage Borso that I have been looking for, even then I'll be thinking long and hard. Even the starting bids are nuts on some of these lids.

Chinaski

One Too Many
Agreed. I saw a Stetson Deluxe homburg go for less than $20 and couldn't believe it. Havnt seen that low for a while. I'll keep watching but for now will only spend the high price for a Stetson Strat or a Stetson 20 or maybe a nice vintage Borso that I have been looking for, even then I'll be thinking long and hard. Even the starting bids are nuts on some of these lids.

If the Stetson homburg was a St. Regis it's somewhat understandable. You tend to see them with some regularity on ebay. Strats, Stetson 20's and Borsos seem to be more sought after as well.

J. Hückel´s Söhne Promo Pocket Mirrors

I went in with RLK (Robert) on these old JHS promo pocket mirrors. I already have a couple of these.

RLK's

5349352308_2004d91489_o.jpg

Mine

5348742975_0b4dbe91db_o.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eve_grace