Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Congratulations Brad! I lived a block from the store location for 7 years. A restaurant is there now but the Auditorium(1899) hosts Music and Events still.

Garrett

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I was thinking the same thing - just look at that second photograph in the ad. Great lines on that one!

Mario

I'll Lock Up
Mario, it's much better than trying to get rid of a moth infestation - I will definitely freeze any that enter my home in the future.

I saw a clothes moth by our elevator this afternoon and had a panic attack. Seeing the little dude's guts on the wall made me feel much better.

Even if you double-bag and twist-tie it?

I know this trick and have used it before (and will use it again, no doubt). It's just that when I read Gene's post...I don't know. For some reason it gave me the shudders... :eek:

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
I know this trick and have used it before (and will use it again, no doubt). It's just that when I read Gene's post...I don't know. For some reason it gave me the shudders... :eek:

The biggest reason I quit collecting hats was the moth problem - I never found any evidence that they ate a single hat (I think they lived on dog fur along the baseboards) but I took no chances. I sprayed insect killer along every crack and baseboard, then replaced my carpet and re-painted every wall. No sign of moths since last year. I haven't bought a hat since, but if I do, it goes into quarantine.

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Dobbs Brochure 1929

5643886604_ea0c1f0413_z.jpg

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260769526746

Last edited:

DOUGLAS

I got it very early in the morning. I could hardly believe the price. After watching that Beachcomber go from $78 to over $200 in the last seconds I was not going to take any chances. The color is not white but perhaps, hopefully it is a light cream. My fingers are crossed.

danofarlington

I got it very early in the morning. I could hardly believe the price. After watching that Beachcomber go from $78 to over $200 in the last seconds I was not going to take any chances. The color is not white but perhaps, hopefully it is a light cream. My fingers are crossed.

I know why I didn't see it--its headline is labeled 7 3/8, whereas the hat in the text is described as 7 1/8. That probably eliminated it from my search criteria.

You called it Flute... it helps to have a Fedora Lounge friend's eyes in back of your head.

It looks like a nice one... will share Vita-Pics when it arrives.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sirteen