Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

email68

One of the Regulars
I just won this hat.

It says it a vintage Schiaparelli. Of course I never heard of Schiaparelli. But that hat looked OK. Any ideas on this one?

Thanks

Tim

email68

One of the Regulars
Any idea if this is fur felt?

Also, how do you guys clean these hats if you plan on wearing them? Just hit them with lysol or something?

I just won this hat.

It says it a vintage Schiaparelli. Of course I never heard of Schiaparelli. But that hat looked OK. Any ideas on this one?

Thanks

Tim

Chinaski

One Too Many
Any idea if this is fur felt?

Also, how do you guys clean these hats if you plan on wearing them? Just hit them with lysol or something?

My best guess is the hat is fur felt. Lexol cleaner then Lexol conditioner on the sweatband, and a good brushing of the hat with a hat brush. Please don't use Lysol.

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
^^ Gee, not bad email68! Looks like a fine fedora. Also looks clean. I've learned that putting them in the freezer (no kiddin') for a couple days will kill any cooties that might be in there. But if the hat doesn't have evidence of moth damage then I'd expect it to be clear.

If it's dusty, try visiting a western store to buy a proper hat brush and use as directed.

Otherwise it seems like you're off to a good start!

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
I find the idea of putting a hat with cooties in my freezer somewhat less than appealing...

Mario, it's much better than trying to get rid of a moth infestation - I will definitely freeze any that enter my home in the future.

I saw a clothes moth by our elevator this afternoon and had a panic attack. Seeing the little dude's guts on the wall made me feel much better.

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
beautiful C&K derby, 7 1/2 - not mine
derby-trademark.jpg

derby-lining.jpg

derby-A.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmichael