Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
It might include otter but it's probably just a different feel or finish to the felt. Resistol had a kitten finish.

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
(gneech checked for safety ;))

big cat finish
gneech_lion_hat_invalid.jpg

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
whoops!

I couldn't pass this one up for the BIN price... Received it today, poorly packed and scrunched up, but the felt seemed to bounce back readily. Only issue with the felt is 3-4 moth bites in front where ribbon meets brim. Not bad.

However, it went straight to the water and steam, and onto my block for a stretching, and I tore and crumbled the sweatband immediately, in about 4 different places... It must have been brittle and dry already. At least hatters don't seem to charge an arm and a leg to replace the sweat, but it'll have to be done. I won't attempt that myself.

Here are some preliminary photos (still wet, with crown reopened):
It's a Wormser Regency Homburg, with an unbound tight curl which intrigued me.

012gi.jpg
[/IMG]
018wg.jpg
[/IMG]
017aoz.jpg
[/IMG]

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Thanks, hatophile! Leaving it open would certainly be in my nature, but I'm not sure yet. Lately I've been converting to center dents that don't pinch too tightly, but with dents that go about three quarters of the crown length. We'll see where this one wants to go. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR