Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

$(KGrHqEOKiME3!VnwShvBNzJNUwgs!~~_12.JPG

Some generous bidding on this one.(not me)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...m=&sspagename=ADME:B:WNA:US:1123#ht_786wt_907

I was intrigued but didn't bid... seems the copy came from a 2009 FL thread.

I thought I had seen one of those, that was one heck of a hat. We'll see how this one turns out. Wonder if Scott still has that one?

I misread your earlier message... thought you were on that Stetson no.1, but of course, this one is your size! Congratulations... looking forward to seeing more of it.

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
Stetson called it the Wafer Edge. I don't think there's a thread on it, but there have been a number of examples posted.

HatsEnough

Banned
Just got a Stetson box in the mail and I have not seen this sort of lid closure on a Stetson box before.

There are little metal studs protruding out of the card board sides of the oval box. In the lid are stapled some elastic loops that are supposed to be stretched down and looped over the metal studs.

There is also a little loop of heavy string in the front of the box to be used as a carrying handle.

stetsonelasticsideties0.jpg

No idea how old this box is, but I hadn't seen one like it before.

Last edited:

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
Ah, I thought your size tag was square, but it's just a little bent or ripped in the photo. That sure is a rare one.

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Nope, I don't. Rats, if I'd suspected it would stay that low, I'd have been in the bidding. In the watch list, I figured the pics were good enough, was sure it'd end over $200.

Same here - I'd love to get hold of a really nice Whippet. I do see them in my size from time to time, but either I've not liked them enough or the bidding has gone beyond what I'm prepared to pay.

No hurry though, I'm sure it will happen at some point!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24