Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

bolthead

My Mail is Forwarded Here
TANGO..............

She likes my hats, but is under the considerable opinion that I have quite enough of them for now and we have more important things to be spending money on. (Yes, I suppose she's right, but still..;)

.....boy, can I cope. :eusa_doh:

great story Tom, glad to see you posting again. :D

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
It was listed as a Stetson, but it's a...
panizza3.jpg
panizza2.jpg
panizza1.jpg

6085_1.JPG
613b_1.JPG

Did anyone here get it?

jec

One of the Regulars
Penny's Marathon - listed with wrong size

I won this Penny's Marathon last week -

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=400016624188

aer84.jpg

aer86.jpg

There had been some discussion with the seller and potential bidders about the size of the hat. The box is marked as a 7 3/8 and the seller assumed that was the hat size. She measured the hat and got a smaller size, but under pressure from bidders to double-check her measurements, she confirmed that the hat was a true 7 3/8.

That is what I expected to receive. But I was disappointed to get a lid way too small to fit on my noggin. It's a 6 7/8. There is a tag where we always find it. But apparently the seller never looked, or just never knew were to find it. Anyway, I am returning it for a refund.

If it reappears on EBay, we'll know it's true size. Also - for future reference, the hat is a true nickel gray color - much grayer than the tannish brown that appears in the seller's photographs. And the crown of the that is dirtier than it appears, as well - with brownish tinted stains around the pinch and also on the brim. And the binding on the very front is abraded through to the felt.

This one was a true disappointment. We'll see if the seller comes through with a refund.

kaosharper1

One Too Many
It was me.

Rick Blaine said:
Vintage Royal Stetson Stratoliner Men's Hat
Whoever it was; firstly- nice score
Secondly- thank you for maintaining my domestic tranquility :D ... hope it was someone among us!

After promising myself no more hats, I just couldn't pass it up at that buy-it-now price. Since the move from New England to Southern California, I've felt the need for more lite felts. But I'm not sure what this is going to do for MY domestic tranquility! Hopefully the oval dimensions are correct too. I'll let everyone know. I'm glad you concur that it was a good deal.

I'll now have 3 thin ribbons. Now I really have to stop! I have a VS coming soon, and that's it.

bolthead

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Lefty said:
Vintage hats are continuing to fetch over $200. It seems that small sizes and/or good, but not amazing hats are commanding a premium right now.
9670_1.JPG
a139_1.JPG
I just purchased a Schoble from this seller, a real pleasure to deal with. I watch his lids all the time, but this was my 1st purchase from him.
While talking with him, I did mention the fedora lounge, and he said that he not only heard of it, but occasionally lurks around it. He said it's a great Forum. ;) :eusa_clap

cookie

I'll Lock Up
Disney

Disney is spoken of highly here. But is that hat better than say a modern Fed IV Heritage deluxe model? I know some will say apples and oranges but ....?[huh]

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
Well, this is a bit of a gamble, but I think I just scored my deal for the year on a 7 3/8 Cavanagh.

At $19.99 for a Buy It Now, I wasn't going to wait around to have questions answered about moth bites or anything. Heck, the box is worth that alone.

Looks to be another early- to mid-Fifties model, possibly gray. That'd be swell, as I already have a brown one, same period.

Crossing my fingers to see what I end up with.

Brad

carter

I'll Lock Up
What a deal

Brad, I hope that turns out to be a great hat. The seller lists it as a 7 1/2 in the description. Can't wait to see how good this buy was.

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
carter said:
Brad, I hope that turns out to be a great hat. The seller lists it as a 7 1/2 in the description. Can't wait to see how good this buy was.

Yep, me too. If it's as nice as the seller indicates, this hat could have easily gone into triple figures, if only the seller had known what he/she had before listing it. I wondered why they said it was a 7 1/2 when the photo clearly shows the 7 3/8 tag.[huh] Either way, it will fit me.

I just stumbled across it doing my usual search for Cavanagh advertisements and such. It must have been listed shortly before I saw it, since nobody else had pounced on it.

I'll be sure and post the details once I receive it, for better or worse.

Brad

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vladyslav