Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

bolthead

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Wow....

Brad Bowers said:
Yep, me too. If it's as nice as the seller indicates, this hat could have easily gone into triple figures, if only the seller had known what he/she had before listing it. I wondered why they said it was a 7 1/2 when the photo clearly shows the 7 3/8 tag.[huh] Either way, it will fit me.

I just stumbled across it doing my usual search for Cavanagh advertisements and such. It must have been listed shortly before I saw it, since nobody else had pounced on it.

I'll be sure and post the details once I receive it, for better or worse.

Brad

Brad, you sure did get an Amazing deal, it looks to be in great shape. Like you said, the box is worth that much alone, it looks to be pristine.....and the S&H price is excellent, to boot.

Well done sir. :eusa_clap

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
This buyer got a heck of a deal. $1600 for a book of 250 common stock certificates. These individual certificates generally sell for about $50 on the web.
0fd1_1_sbl.JPG

081a_1_sbl.JPG

tortswon

Practically Family
My birthday present to me

I just purchased a birthday present for myself, a Stratoliner on eBay. I was pleased to get it for under $200. It will be heading west to Art for a little repair work. Photos with me under it will follow Art's restoration. Any information that can be supplied regarding age, etc. will be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Sam

IMG_0027.jpg

IMG_0029.jpg

IMG_0032.jpg

IMG_0030.jpg

IMG_0034.jpg

IMG_0031.jpg

IMG_0031.jpg

carter

I'll Lock Up
Nice find!

Sam, That Strat looks to be in pretty good condition and it's a 7 1/2! I'm looking forward to seeing it once Art has worked his magic. Congratulations and Happy Birthday!

RBH

Bartender
tortswon said:
I just purchased a birthday present for myself, a Stratoliner on eBay. I was pleased to get it for under $200. It will be heading west to Art for a little repair work. Photos with me under it will follow Art's restoration. Any information that can be supplied regarding age, etc. will be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Sam

IMG_0027.jpg

IMG_0029.jpg

IMG_0032.jpg

IMG_0030.jpg

IMG_0034.jpg

IMG_0031.jpg

IMG_0031.jpg
Well done my friend... well done!!!!

feltfan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Glad you got that one, Brad.
I spotted it earlier but decided I wanted more information
before pulling the trigger. Glad it's in good hands and that
we'll see what it's really like soon.

Brad Bowers said:
Well, this is a bit of a gamble, but I think I just scored my deal for the year on a 7 3/8 Cavanagh.

At $19.99 for a Buy It Now, I wasn't going to wait around to have questions answered about moth bites or anything. Heck, the box is worth that alone.

Looks to be another early- to mid-Fifties model, possibly gray. That'd be swell, as I already have a brown one, same period.

Crossing my fingers to see what I end up with.

Brad

GoneSolo

One of the Regulars

tortswon

Practically Family
Congrats

Lefty, I was looking at that Whippet but I decided to go all in for the Stratoliner because I already had a Whippet (thanks to Carter). If that is damage, maybe our hats will meet on Art's workbench. Happy New Year! Best, Sam

tortswon

Practically Family
It's a beauty

gtdean, that OR is a beauty. I know you'll enjoy wearing it. Looks like last night was a good one for several of us on eBay. Best, Sam

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vladyslav