Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

barrowjh

One Too Many
Bah humbug. This Knox 25 is a far better use of one's money. If I hadn't already acquired a Stetson 15 3X Beaver almost identical to it, would have bid on it. Appears to be a really nice hat, easily reshaped to any crease, in excellent condition.

SteveAS

Practically Family
I won this old Mallory in an unusual style over the weekend. It looks to have an un-reeded sweatband, which--having a long oval head--I really find comfortable. The way the inside is finished and the XV, which I'm inclined to read as Fifteen, make me think this was a somewhat upscale hat for Mallory at the time, so I'm optimistic about the felt quality on this one. We shall see!

$(KGrHqFHJBME7)536KPgBPCfnSCBV!~~60_12.JPG

$(KGrHqVHJDEE7y3)tkQ1BPCfncbRnQ~~60_12.JPG

$(KGrHqJHJC!E7zG,CvnSBPCfnnm14!~~60_12.JPG

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Hmm, while that is a nice Panama I was very surprised at the final price. There must be something about it I missed.

Steve - I like the Mallory. I was watching it as well, but I didn't bid.

scooter

Practically Family

I won the Pilgrim. Often times, we lose an auction and the winning bid is posted as only a dollar or two more than we bid and we bemoan the loss, not actually knowing what the winner's highest bid was. In this case, I know that I won this hat by exactly $.52. That is to say, 52 cents. I was pleased as punch to win, just thought it interesting to be on the right end of the auction outcome and know by exactly how much this time.

delectans

Call Me a Cab
That is a heavyweight of a "Featherlite", and only the second hat by Cambell that I have seen. I followed the auction from the sidelines with interest. Congrats on a fine victory, scooter.

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
That's great, scooter! I almost picked up a Campbell in a local shop-- a dark brown homburg with reddish binding-- but didn't want to bother with a little stretching. I changed my mind the next day and it was gone!

David-- I also enjoyed watching the climb of that gorgeous Knox, but knew at first glance that would be a hands-off auction for me.

Rodkins

Call Me a Cab
I won the Pilgrim. Often times, we lose an auction and the winning bid is posted as only a dollar or two more than we bid and we bemoan the loss, not actually knowing what the winner's highest bid was. In this case, I know that I won this hat by exactly $.52. That is to say, 52 cents. I was pleased as punch to win, just thought it interesting to be on the right end of the auction outcome and know by exactly how much this time.
Awesome lid! Congrats!

Like to see how it actually sizes out. The posting said 59cm & below 24" in circumference which puts it smaller than the claimed 7 5/8 & especially the 7 3/4.
It looks nice & hope it fits

scooter

Practically Family
Thanks guys, I appreciate the good wishes. GT, if I remember right, the guy selling said he was a 7 3/8 or 7 1/2 and the hat was a little loose on him, so I decided to take the chance. I figured, if nothing else I could have it sized up slightly or just resell it, but it was so unusual to see one of these that might fit me, i HAD to take the chance.

Rodkins

Call Me a Cab
Thanks guys, I appreciate the good wishes. GT, if I remember right, the guy selling said he was a 7 3/8 or 7 1/2 and the hat was a little loose on him, so I decided to take the chance. I figured, if nothing else I could have it sized up slightly or just resell it, but it was so unusual to see one of these that might fit me, i HAD to take the chance.
I think you made a great gamble. If it happens to be a true 7 3/8 I'm sure you won't have any trouble getting your money back selling it to another lounger ;)

SteveAS

Practically Family
I'll bet that Churchill is exceptional. I have a Churchill 25 and a Churchill Beaver 50 and they're both extremely nice. The 50, in particular has nicer felt than my Stetson 7X Clear Beaver.

Neophyte

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Too bad, Rodkins. That looked to be one of the nicest Ebay hats (outside but especially on the inside) that I've seen. Still not sure I would've paid that much for it though lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoEllis