Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
Vita-Felt, 7 1/8
The seller obviously found the vita-felt thread and took the "shaved beaver" bit as fact. There was a bit of an addition to the listing afterward.

Last edited:

DJH

I'll Lock Up
I see a lot of Fedora Lounge members seach and buy hats on ebay regularly.
I am wondering how many Lounge members sell hats on ebay.....either occasionally or on a regular bases.

I'm the same as gtdean, if I have a hat to sell, I always offer it here first. Some of my nicest hats were purchased from other Loungers, usually at very good prices so I make a point of giving other members the same opportunity.

Of course, if no-one wants the hat - it's off to the Bay!

Did not think I was gonna win this one with that bid.....but oh well, I got me an Open Road proper:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250979737017

Congratulations, Jared - that's a nice looking OR at a good price, has the cool liner too. I was tempted to put in a bid, but decided I quite enjoy being married so I didn't risk it.

Enjoy!

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Looks like a good'un, Jared! nice catch. Your others are merely clones? (I say "merely" with some jest, of course!)

I haven't read the Vita-felt thread, but without cross-checking my facts I could understand why one (a lounger, to boot) might read that anecdote and assume the fancied was fur-real. I purchased a very nice hat from this seller at one point. No harm in a little anecdotal description??

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Yep. I watched it go without bids a couple of times and I just couldn't watch it anymore.

You can't have too many black homburgs, right? :eeek:

Reminds me of the feeling of watching the little boats at one of our old sushi haunts, floating by 'round and 'round and continuing to entice us with perfectly prepared sushi and sashimi, long after we have been satiated. Sometimes the temptation is just too great to bear and another plate disappears off the boat.

You have quite the dish there in that Homburg, Alan. Congrats!

jlee562

I'll Lock Up
Thanks guys. I thought that was a pretty good price on a hat in pretty good condition. Does 50's seem like a good approximation for that one?

Looks like a good'un, Jared! nice catch. Your others are merely clones? (I say "merely" with some jest, of course!)

Yeah, the only other OR hat I have is a Resistol, a fine hat, but has a few moth nips.

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
nice, older Cav, 7 3/8, gets little interest

apparently, none of the smaller melons thought that this cap was worth the opening bid

3X wide ribbon ends early
1207pics332.jpg

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Looks as though they should have taken your BIN offer, Alan.

I just got a Whippet from that same seller, where someone (I think HatsEnough) asked the BIN question and got the exact same response.

The offer was low... I would have continued the auction too. I expected it to go higher.

I was a little appalled that that became a part of the listing. I guess I shouldn't go signing my name. :eusa_doh:

Congrats on that Royal Stetson... I was watching it too. It looks very nice.

Last edited:

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Thanks, the RS is actually a nice Whippet. I'd have gotten it for a super bargain price had that pesky HatsEnough not bid up the price at the end.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy