Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

Here is a very old (very early 1900s?) Borsalino thin ribbon with monster brim that was listed on German eBay.

6803948147_808e3aeaa5_b.jpg

6803948115_a99b376a09_b.jpg

6803947993_44c0b266ba_b.jpg

6803948035_1700163e87_b.jpg

6803948209_535cb8a916_b.jpg

Last edited:

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
Not me, said Dick the duck... I shut the ringer off on my phone and missed it.

It wasn't me neither. The seller had blocked overseas bidders. :(

only a low token bid from me.

Don't look over here, I'm done buying hats!

Wow, if you guys didn't win the hat, I wonder who did. [huh] I really wanted that one. It had the best looking crown I have seen on a panama. It was tall, strait, and already had a center dent.

barrowjh

One Too Many
Some dastardly evil hat collector lurking in the shadows, no doubt. Big gamble on the quality of this hat, I think it is a high-weave count Montecristi, and the oilskin behind the sweat band was a strong quality statement for me. So, I gambled big, I think the possibility that it will be a stunning Montecristi is reasonably high and therefore its true market price (had the seller put forth more detailed pictures) is fairly high. If that hat comes relatively close to 1,000 wpsi, it was worth far more than $100, far more than $200 for that matter. I wasn't willing to go that high, so I could have been outbid, glad I landed it for only $102. If it turns out to be no more than a fino (400 wpsi or a little less), well, then it is not such a great deal, but still a fair price. If it does not even measure up to 300+ wpsi then I got stung. I'm worried about the brim width also, will be disappointed if it is less and 2 1/2. Hoping I didn't just make a fool of myself, because it is a lot to spend on an ebay hat without asking any clarifying questions of the seller, really just gambling.

DJH

I'll Lock Up
John, I like your reasoning on this - the photos suggest you are spot on.

I think all this hat will need is a quick trip to Mr. Fawcett for a blocking and ribbon jobbie and it will be a great Panama!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy