Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

TipTop

Practically Family
The tan nutria hat is not marked for size. It was renovated with new sweat in the 1940s and the original Stetson production label is missing. I would say the hat fits between 7 1/8 and 7 1/4. Is that your size?

Alan, I'm delighted that you got that "witch's hat;" I think it is a knock-out. Indeed, I have a pic print of it here on my desk and am thinking about having that bash duplicated on one that is inbound right now. Equally furry, but not so-grand a color.

On the tan nutria, I am a 7 3/8 LO, but had extensive note-swapping (including my research on the owner's identity) with the dealer, and since it came from the same source as the magnificent Churchill-OR-in-case that was a 7 3/8, I was more than willing gamble on it. On the other hand, maybe it was re-banded and never fit right again! Whatever, if you ever get tired of it, I'd love a second bite at that apple!

Again, I envy you in the new black one--to my eye, the most interesting and appealing western piece I have seen on ePrey--in no small part due to the added horsehair/bone(?) banding. I'm very pleased that you got it. Now, let's see some Leitz lens shots!

Last edited:

Mystic

Practically Family
How many days do you guys normally wait before reminding a seller that you bought a hat from them and it doesn't show on the ebay purchased history that it has been shipped yet?

I have one I bought and paid 8 days ago and another bought and paid 7 days ago....2 different sellers.

Neither hat had any special delivery instructions for the sale. Just that seller usually ships with in a week of item being paid.

randooch

I'll Lock Up
Man I hate that. Whenever I sell a hat, I ship it either the same day or the next, then provide tracking info.

I'd send a polite note and ask when it shipped. You'll have a chance to comment on the slow shipping when you leave feedback scores, too.

pjt113

One of the Regulars
How many days do you guys normally wait before reminding a seller that you bought a hat from them and it doesn't show on the ebay purchased history that it has been shipped yet?

I have one I bought and paid 8 days ago and another bought and paid 7 days ago....2 different sellers.

Neither hat had any special delivery instructions for the sale. Just that seller usually ships with in a week of item being paid.

I give them 48 hours then if I don't see tracking info. I send a polite message asking when they expectr it to ship, that usually gets them moving. But I have to say 97% of the time this isn't necessary.

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.

Helpful hint, contact the seller right off and thank them for the sale! Let them know how friggin happy you are for doing business with them, then, ask them if they had a problem getting your pal pay payment, and add that if there is anything they may need to ship your item? Now this is what my Wife does all the time, it helps the seller stop to think how nice you are, and helps open contact up in a positive way. You may also comment how you want to see how nice what you purchased is going to be when you get it from them, all things that can spark a seller to ship it. Now if you fear an item has not been shipped, then contact the seller, ask them if they have any issues with your address or anything? Be thoughtful and not grumpy.

Note: The last four eBay items my Wife purchased for me, never showed a "tracking number", but they all arrived and had a slip on the package for the tracking information/delivery confirmation! So, not always will a seller place that info for you to have, but maybe they should. Never be afraid to ask but remember be calm and nice, you'll get farther. Also you paid for shipping (unless it was a free shipping purchase) so feel good about asking.

Mystic

Practically Family
Here's tit for tat: if a buyer waits, say, four days to pay the seller after the auction has ended, the seller can wait four days to ship the item after payment has been received.

If the buyer pays within minutes of the end of the auction......should not the seller make it a point to ship within 3 days....

tit for tat......Quick pay .....Quick shipping.

Last edited:

Mystic

Practically Family
I give them 48 hours then if I don't see tracking info. I send a polite message asking when they expectr it to ship, that usually gets them moving. But I have to say 97% of the time this isn't necessary.

This is my first experience with this issue. Thats why I wondered what others did in similar situations.
I have had only one seller wait a week to ship, but this was explained in the item description and I knew it before I bid.
This seller also sent me an email to let me know when he has shipped the item and included a tracking number.

Mystic

Practically Family
Helpful hint, contact the seller right off and thank them for the sale! Let them know how friggin happy you are for doing business with them, then, ask them if they had a problem getting your pal pay payment, and add that if there is anything they may need to ship your item? Now this is what my Wife does all the time, it helps the seller stop to think how nice you are, and helps open contact up in a positive way. You may also comment how you want to see how nice what you purchased is going to be when you get it from them, all things that can spark a seller to ship it. Now if you fear an item has not been shipped, then contact the seller, ask them if they have any issues with your address or anything? Be thoughtful and not grumpy.

Note: The last four eBay items my Wife purchased for me, never showed a "tracking number", but they all arrived and had a slip on the package for the tracking information/delivery confirmation! So, not always will a seller place that info for you to have, but maybe they should. Never be afraid to ask but remember be calm and nice, you'll get farther. Also you paid for shipping (unless it was a free shipping purchase) so feel good about asking.

This is my first time with this issue. So, I suppose it could be the first time a seller, for what ever reason didn't recieve my Paypal payment even though I have a receipt and it shows in my purchase history that it was paid.

It would be odd for 2 different sellers within one day to have a problem and neither one has contacted me about not receiving payment.

But, I think you are right....I'll send a message and ask if they have experienced a problem getting their payment.

Blackthorn

I'll Lock Up
I got a hat on Ebay 2 days ago. The seller generously provided a tracking number, even though I didn't pay a whole lot for the hat ($78 or thereabouts). I accessed it early Saturday morning, and it showed that it was on the truck to be delivered...to the wrong zip code. I'm at 95110 and it was on the truck for 95113. Not the same place at all. I contacted the seller and said "what's the deal, I gave you the right address?" He wrote right back with the shipping address, WHICH WAS CORRECT!!! So the post office simply decided to send it to someone else. Weird. Now I'm hoping it'll get returned to the post office and sent where it's supposed to go.

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Jimmy do you still have those pants?

$(KGrHqVHJ!sE8e9YmEPLBPQTGN2qw!~~60_12.JPG

http://www.ebay.com/itm/23074939043...AX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649#ht_500wt_1413

http://www.thefedoralounge.com/show...ms-of-Interest&p=858138&viewfull=1#post858138

Last edited:

TipTop

Practically Family

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran