Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
$(KGrHqVHJ!sE8e9YmEPLBPQTGN2qw!~~60_12.JPG

http://www.ebay.com/itm/23074939043...AX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649#ht_500wt_1413

http://www.thefedoralounge.com/show...ms-of-Interest&p=858138&viewfull=1#post858138

Do you have a Fleetwood Caddy to go with that one? That is on the fancy side. Nice hat no matter what, I bet it feels soft, too!

Mystic

Practically Family
Did anyone else get a email from PayPal asking you to click on a link to see new policy notifications?

I am very leary of opening such unexpected emails since last year getting fake emails with perfectly duplicated logos, supposedly from microsoft about updates and changes to security.
Took me a couple of months and about $200.00 to find and remove the viriuses placed on my computer.

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
Did anyone else get a email from PayPal asking you to click on a link to see new policy notifications?

I am very leary of opening such unexpected emails since last year getting fake emails with perfectly duplicated logos, supposedly from microsoft about updates and changes to security.
Took me a couple of months and about $200.00 to find and remove the viriuses placed on my computer.

Why bother with email links...just go directly to the paypal website, without using any links, and see if there is a new policy.[huh]

Mystic

Practically Family
Why bother with email links...just go directly to the paypal website, without using any links, and see if there is a new policy.[huh]

I did but didn't see anything that said new notifications or policy changes.

I suppose I'll disgard the email and keep doing things as I have been until I have a problem.
Then investigate why I'm having that problem.

Just thought I would ask others that use the same service for the same thing. If I got this email, if legit, others using the same service would have gotten the email also.

So far I have only used PayPal for ebay and Panama Bob. For other purchases, such as books from Amazon, I use a seperate debit card with a very minimum amount in the account.

buler

I'll Lock Up

Yes, I just received one on Saturday. But I never click thru for these.

B

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
From paypal@e.paypal.com? Sounds like a spoof to me.
All those are fake ebay emails, I get them all the time and I do not have a "pay pal" account, my Wife has the pay pal account, and it is attached to her email address, not mine.

I have reported those emails to pay pal, the say they are going to do something about it, but who knows how many "crooks" are sending them?

T Rick

Practically Family

If you ever get a questionable email claiming to be from PayPal, do not click on any links, just forward it to Spoof@PayPal.com and they will deal with it. First, you'll get an automated response thanking you, then you will get a follow up letting you know if it was genuine or not. Get them all the time, I think only one I suspected to be a fake turned out to be real.

Mystic

Practically Family
If you ever get a questionable email claiming to be from PayPal, do not click on any links, just forward it to Spoof@PayPal.com and they will deal with it. First, you'll get an automated response thanking you, then you will get a follow up letting you know if it was genuine or not. Get them all the time, I think only one I suspected to be a fake turned out to be real.

Thanks....

good to know.

Mystic

Practically Family
Helpful hint, contact the seller right off and thank them for the sale! Let them know how friggin happy you are for doing business with them, then, ask them if they had a problem getting your pal pay payment, and add that if there is anything they may need to ship your item? Now this is what my Wife does all the time, it helps the seller stop to think how nice you are, and helps open contact up in a positive way. You may also comment how you want to see how nice what you purchased is going to be when you get it from them, all things that can spark a seller to ship it. Now if you fear an item has not been shipped, then contact the seller, ask them if they have any issues with your address or anything? Be thoughtful and not grumpy.

Note: The last four eBay items my Wife purchased for me, never showed a "tracking number", but they all arrived and had a slip on the package for the tracking information/delivery confirmation! So, not always will a seller place that info for you to have, but maybe they should. Never be afraid to ask but remember be calm and nice, you'll get farther. Also you paid for shipping (unless it was a free shipping purchase) so feel good about asking.

This is my first time with this issue. So, I suppose it could be the first time a seller, for what ever reason didn't recieve my Paypal payment even though I have a receipt and it shows in my purchase history that it was paid.

It would be odd for 2 different sellers within one day to have a problem and neither one has contacted me about not receiving payment.

But, I think you are right....I'll send a message and ask if they have experienced a problem getting their payment.

OK, tried sending a polite message about not seeing tracking info and asked if There was a problem with my PayPal payment....asked if the payment was recieved.

Sent that message 2 days ago......I have gotten no reponse to my email.

I'm beginng to think this seller may want me to ask for my payment back because the hat sold for less than they thought it would sell for.....I really expected the hat to sell for more than it did.

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
I'm beginning to think this seller may want me to ask for my payment back because the hat sold for less than they thought it would sell for.....I really expected the hat to sell for more than it did.

You might be right. Among other things, sellers sometimes claim that a won item has suddenly been "accidentally damaged", "destroyed", or just "lost", and then offer you a full refund. Several sellers have done just that to me.

DJH

I'll Lock Up
And also not every seller uses the eBay shipping feature or even bothers to mark items shipped.

I've received several items that never showed in eBay as ever being shipped. It might just show up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points