Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

VetPsychWars

A-List Customer
The auction:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/280829195329

The hat, after some cleanup and creasing to my satisfaction:

avario.jpg

The color is "Avario", which is "Ivory".

Not bad. You can see the wind string is crawling up the ribbon. Hate! Not sure what I can do about it, though....

Tom

Jedwbpm

One Too Many
Sorry lefty. I'm still trying to find one in a 7 3/8 and figured maybe I could use this one to get there. If you still had that one in 7 3/8 I would trade this one for it in a heartbeat so I had one that fits me.

Great steel Mike. If I was not away at a church retreat guiding our youth to a moral life. If I had been home I might have snagged it for my 7 5/8 noggin. At that price I would have jumped on it. Good snag hope it works out for you in your quest for a 7 3/8.

Jeff

Mystic

Practically Family
The auction:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/280829195329

The hat, after some cleanup and creasing to my satisfaction:

avario.jpg

The color is "Avario", which is "Ivory".

Not bad. You can see the wind string is crawling up the ribbon. Hate! Not sure what I can do about it, though....

Tom

Maybe this should be a seperate thread......

Does anyone ever actually use a wind cord...or has even used one one time?

Nice hat...really nice color .....even with the rebellious wind cord.

Last edited:

Rodkins

Call Me a Cab
I bit on this BIN for a Stetson 3X not really knowing much at all about the hat but figured it was low risk for the money. It came in yesterday and I was stoked. It's in amzing shape and the felt on this one rivals some of my best. More pictures in Post New Hats Here! thread.

Last edited:
I won this J. Hückel´s Söhne Melone (Bowler). I haven't seen a gray (rare in general) one before and the ribbon and binding are contrasting. It also appears to have a box bow. Probably 1920s or older. I am looking forward to seeing this one.

6813440542_13ef6fbfc2_o.jpg

6959555227_b779003f63_o.jpg

6959550597_ae3f5a6a93_o.jpg

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Wonderful old melone, Steve, and looks to be a larger size. Congrats, and I am anxious to see better photos of it after you receive it. Have always loved grey and brown derbies, but they are so few and far between...

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
There could definitely be variations, but in my experience the traditional scheme with bowlers and homburgs that weren't all black in the first place, was to have matching binding on the brim with an either matching or black ribbon band. I think a true three color derby would either be contemporary or restoration/update.

don't know if this will work, but all of mine are either one or two colors...

sorry-- does anyone know how to embed a link with imageshack that doesn't link to your entire imageshack library?

Last edited:
Jeff & Al, Thanks! It should arrive some time next week.

Highly possible the binding was originally some shade of gray. Here is a similar example from the Novy Jicin City Museum.

5622244818_357b59f055_b.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana