Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

M_Jones

One of the Regulars
Tango Yankee said:
Just-back-from-vacation-just-sent-kids-back-to-school lack of funds??? [huh]

It is mighty strange. Another interesting aspect is that a lot of us are at this point where, upon winning something at an absurbly low price instead of yelling "Yes!" and doing the old "fist pump" in the air we sit back and wonder "What the hell?" :)

Congratulations to you, and condolences to M. Jones.

Cheers,
Tom

I hate my life...:(

Er...I mean congrats Jeff! You got a sweet deal and I hope you enjoy the hat! :D

Now if you'll excuse me I have a pint of ice cream to eat and soap operas to watch. :p

jlee562

I'll Lock Up
jlee562 said:
just now won this 50's (?) Resistol fedora, it's going to be my first beaver hat (although I have an Adventurebilt on order from Mr. Delk).

This one came in the mail today....opened the box and found a nice surprise, it's got a Cavanaugh edge that wasn't clearly evident in the pics, that's a nice bonus!

This is a really nice hat, although the felt is a lightweight variety with a "kitten finish."

It does say "beaver XXX" on the sweatband....so is does it contain beaver? Pics to come when I get home...

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
jlee562 said:
It does say "beaver XXX" on the sweatband....so is does it contain beaver? Pics to come when I get home...

Maybe. Probably not. That's marketing for you. Beaver XXX = Juice Drink.

donnc

One of the Regulars
I guess I can't blame the seller, the hat has "7 1/2" stamped in ink inside the sweatband, but ... can a hat really shrink from 7 1/2 to 6 7/8? Dobbs "Golden Coach" if that makes any difference.

RBH

Bartender

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Lion Hats Copper Printing Block

!B0!p+GgBmk~$(KGrHqQOKiwE)UPfs5w2BMYcztSGrg~~_3.JPG

Winging its way to Garrett. Thanks to him for purchasing. It is one of the better hats i've had come through my hands. Just too big for me, unfortunately. I'll be listing some more, possibly (I'm not sure, haven't decided yet whether I can bear to let it go.) a 1936-or-earlier Lincoln Bennett Optimo crown Panama, so keep a watch out for them.

bk

Lefty said:
factory store and ops tag - that is nice.

old, beautiful French hat
Lafayette1.jpg

barrowjh

One Too Many
1950's Royal Deluxe OR

I saw this Friday and could not hold back; the BIN price was about right:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180556615805&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT
I've been stalking 1940s-50s ORs for quite a while (I have numerous OR clones but only one Stetson OR, a low-grade from the 1960s or later) and always get outbid on the nice ones, and this one looks to be in really nice shape. In the 'Dating Stetsons by Liner' thread the liner in the hat in this BIN matches up with mid-1950s. The price is not a 'steal' as a Royal Deluxe was a grade below 3X, so there is a chance that in auction it could have sold for less than $50, as well as the likelihood of going higher. I thought the price was about right for a 7 1/8 Royal Deluxe grade in great condition.

Mobile Vulgus

One Too Many
Today, this Alexander

Well, usually I am not much for stingy brims, but this one sort of appealed to me. I think it's the ribbon that sets it off for me. And for $16 I couldn't pass it up.

alex_brown_side.jpg

alex_brown_inside.jpg

alex_brown_front.jpg

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
I saw that yesterday, and was wondering if you were going to notice that it's not Hobbs. It's Dobbs. I guess not.

Also, I'm glad you're "comfortable theorizing that the hat is from the 1930's or 1940's", because it's a 60s or 70s hat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner