Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

Beautiful Homburg! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Not mine but a fantastic Richard Fehringer Hutmacher (Austrian) Melone (57cm) plus original box (20.49 EURO).

h09.jpg

5059556609_50219b1b02_z.jpg

mannySpaghetti

One of the Regulars
Well it's been a while since I've been here, but since my vintage fetish really kicks in right around fall I thought I'd drop back in and start off with a new hat. I just scored a nice "Wynewood" fedora a few minutes ago and was sure this gem would bang out in the $200+ range, but to my surprise, it didn't! YAY FOR ME!

Wynewood_002.jpg

Wynewood_001.jpg

Wynewood_003.jpg

It looked quite similar to my old wool "Merrimac" hat that I donated to a hat museum a while back...

HPIM2167.jpg

...and since I still miss the darned thing, I decided to go for it on this finer felt replacement.
mafia.gif

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hiya Stranger

mannySpaghetti said:
Well it's been a while since I've been here, but since my vintage fetish really kicks in right around fall I thought I'd drop back in and start off with a new hat. I just scored a nice "Wynewood" fedora a few minutes ago and was sure this gem would bang out in the $200+ range, but to my surprise, it didn't! YAY FOR ME!

Wynewood_002.jpg

Wynewood_001.jpg

Wynewood_003.jpg

It looked quite similar to my old wool "Merrimac" hat that I donated to a hat museum a while back...

HPIM2167.jpg

...and since I still miss the darned thing, I decided to go for it on this finer felt replacement.
mafia.gif

Nice acquisition! :eusa_clap A dead ringer for a Whippet,eh?
Good to see ya' back at TFL, manny!

CitizenGenet

Familiar Face
Yesterday, I swooped in and picked up an Adventurebilt Henry in 7 1/2 not long after it had been put up for sale. I'm not into the Indy thing but it's close to what I was looking for.

Mobile Vulgus

One Too Many
Just sold...

Well, I did OK selling these two. I only paid $9 for the Stetson and got $20.50 on ebay and for the Pilgrim Open Road style I originally paid $11 and got $20. Not bad and glad to see them go to someone that really wanted them.

statson.jpg

pilgrim.jpg

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
What we've learned from the Optimo sales: it depreciates like crazy the moment you drive it off the lot.

BanjoMerlin

A-List Customer
suitedcboy said:
Yep. I also question why that hat would be $1000 according to the seller.

Because he's the seller. Fluffery, Puffery or just plain BS - if you're buying a hat you really need to know what you are looking at. Seller's descriptions shouldn't be considered reliable.

Caveat Emptor.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran