Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

AlanD

Familiar Face
Picked up this Stetson 20 on EBAY with BIN for $49.95
Stetson.jpg
[/IMG]
Stetson2.jpg
[/IMG]
Stetson6.jpg
[/IMG]
Stetson5.jpg
[/IMG]
Stetson4.jpg
[/IMG]
Stetson3.jpg
[/IMG]
Stetson1.jpg
[/IMG]

Levallois

Practically Family
BobC - what a beautiful hat! I was thinking about bidding until it went up to $330, then it went over $400!! Too rich for my blood but I'm glad a Lounger won the prize.

John

Mobile Vulgus

One Too Many
OK, I bought a Royal Stetson De Luxe because… well, I guess just because the colors really appealed to me. It's a bluish gray body with a crimson ribbon and brim binding.

Anyway, I had to have a new sweatband put in it. And the thing was very, very dirty.

Once I got it back, I tried that interesting crease we saw a few months ago. The brim is curled like a homburg. I don't know, but I think it is an interesting piece.

Here is what it looked like when it came in…

5423338712_25cda3e7f2.jpg

Here is what I did to her...

5422732767_4a274f39f2.jpg

5422733357_b83df59a30.jpg

5423338220_29f882d431.jpg

Rodkins

Call Me a Cab
OK, I bought a Royal Stetson De Luxe because… well, I guess just because the colors really appealed to me. It's a bluish gray body with a crimson ribbon and brim binding.

Anyway, I had to have a new sweatband put in it. And the thing was very, very dirty.

Once I got it back, I tried that interesting crease we saw a few months ago. The brim is curled like a homburg. I don't know, but I think it is an interesting piece.
Almost looks a Chicago hook...

Mobile Vulgus

One Too Many
Almost looks a Chicago hook...

Yeah, that is sort of what I was going for. I couldn't remember the name of the crease. Anyway, it is sort of interesting. I think I'll keep it for a while.

I kept wanting to call it a "bread loaf" crease! Ha ha.

Last edited:

M_Jones

One of the Regulars
But who in the world would drop $90 for a Throughbred? :rolleyes: Is the market really that good? I doubt it...;)

I was one of the ones asking for a BIN on the 100. Apparently 3 people asking the same thing within a few hours of auction start kind of tips off a seller. :D

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
I didn't say they were 3 equal parts. ;)

I offered a BIN of 200, and she said that I was the only one to offer an amount, but that it was enough to keep her from taking the offer.
So, who's the third, failed, partner in crime?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner