Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
I'm really pleased with this one and was happy that I didn't get any competition. A quick search for Flip-It found just a few snippet results in Google Books, beginning with a 1950 Apparel Arts and seemingly ending with a 1969 snippet about Flip It being rolled into Byer-Rolnick hats.
106_1961.jpg

106_1962.jpg

Last edited:

HatsEnough

Banned
Hey HE, that's a nice hat. It was me you beat out with your $76 bid. I thought $75 was enough, but you proved me wrong. As for the hat being a size 7, I'm not so sure. I went back and reread his ad, and it is confusing to say the least. First he had one measurement, then another, then yet another. If it is in fact a 7, it would have been far too small for me anyway, so wear it in good health. If it proves to be too big for you, let me know, I'd still be interested in it.

Yeah, I was a bit confused, too. But I decided that I felt they meant size 7... sure hope I'm right!

By the way, I can absolutely confirm that $76.76 was my top bid. I did not bid a cent higher!

Last edited:

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
This is one of my last two hats from Ebay this past week. It is brand new never on a human head..until now! Not a bad deal for a nice Churchill.
churchill3.jpg
I am still working on the Dobbs 15x Open Road, cleaning, steaming and making a custom head band. It is not in too bad of overall condition, but it is "in need"...

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
You, sir, have an intuition. Please pm me when other objects stir thoughts of me, as those items may have escaped my attention. :)

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
I'm really pleased with this one and was happy that I didn't get any competition. A quick search for Flip-It found just a few snippet results in Google Books, beginning with a 1950 Apparel Arts and seemingly ending with a 1969 snippet about Flip It being rolled into Byer-Rolnick hats.

Lefty, would you believe that this cap had been put on auction TWICE before now, and no one had bid on it? And it looks to be dead stock, too. No love!

It's a great 1950s 'Flip-It'. The Mondrian-esque design on top is wild. Congratulations!

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
Me too Steve. I actually had a snipe set for something higher than that, but deleted it a day or so ago. Like you say, with any luck one of the FL team was able to get a great deal.

I remain on the lookout for the perfect Silverbelly OR.
Hello. I have been also keeping an eye out for a Silverbelly OR, I have been about half tempted to just purchase one that is still looking like the LBJ hat and see about changing the look on it, but not real sure how easy that would be. Oh by the way, my wife says "hello" and thank you for your help via eBay messages regarding the lounge.

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Hello. I have been also keeping an eye out for a Silverbelly OR, I have been about half tempted to just purchase one that is still looking like the LBJ hat and see about changing the look on it, but not real sure how easy that would be. Oh by the way, my wife says "hello" and thank you for your help via eBay messages regarding the lounge.

Hey, you're Cynthia's husband? Looks like everything got sorted for you OK. Welcome!!

There are a couple of good modern options for the Silverbelly OR type hat as well - the Campdraft Deluxe from Hats Direct and the (hopefully) soon to arrive Stratoliner from Buckeroo Hatters.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ