Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

splintercellsz

I'll Lock Up
Won these three (two hats, and an old Stetson Box.) The hats seem fairly old. I have never heard of the companies.

The black one says 'Grade One' on the sweat, and the straw says 'Continental Clothing House'. Sadly, the seller did not take any up-close sweat photos of the 'Grade one'.

t2ec1616.jpg

t2ec1617.jpg

t2ec1618.jpg

t2ec1619.jpg

t2ec1620.jpg

Won these three (two hats, and an old Stetson Box.) The hats seem fairly old. I have never heard of the companies.

The black one says 'Grade One' on the sweat, and the straw says 'Continental Clothing House'. Sadly, the seller did not take any up-close sweat photos of the 'Grade one'.

t2ec1616.jpg

t2ec1617.jpg

t2ec1618.jpg

t2ec1619.jpg

t2ec1620.jpg

WOW, WOW, WOW, Justin. Sweet catch!?

barrowjh

One Too Many
Anj, looks like a really nice hat to me. Considering the condition of the hat and the rare size, price is at least fair and maybe a bit lower than I have seen for 7 1/2 ORs. Real ORs, that is.

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Well, I didn't mean to buy a hat this morning, but I just HAD to check for Stetsons in my size. To my somewhat-trained eye it looks like an unworn specimen from the fifties. I hope so.

Stetson Open Road 3X Beaver, 7 1/2 Long Oval.

Anj
You're the one who bought that hat? I had it in my ebay watch list and just noticed that it sold. He was wanting a big price for that hat when he first posted it...It didn't even look like it was ever worn...Wow. I can't believe he accepted your offer! That's a real nice pristine OR...You definitely made a good buy!...Well done!....I'll be putting a couple real nice pristine Open Roads up for sale within the next couple weeks...I may offer them here first before putting them on ebay...they're probably close to, or in the same pristine condition as yours, and in the original boxes too...

fedorafiend

Familiar Face
Very nice... I think your dating is correct. 3" brim width? Congratulations!

Thank you, Alan. Yes, 3 inch brim. I'll soon be selling a Stetson 100 with the leather case and keys but with a missing plastic "thing-a-majig", size 7. Can't tell the difference in the felt quality from my 7x CBs, and it is too tight on me; time to let someone else enjoy it.

I know you are one of the true experts on this forum, any idea what I should ask for it on eBay? I was thinking a BIN of $275.00. It has a couple of very small stains and has obviously been worn but still in very good condition; if I could easily post photos here, I would, but it is such tedium for the technologically challenged like me...something should be done to improve the photo posting method on this wonderful forum. Ebay makes it so easy.

Yes, I think it would be hard to achieve Jared's mileage.

Thank you for your compliment but I'm afraid I am a better buyer than seller. I've owned two Stetson 100s, both from the 1960s and sold them both for less than I paid. As scary as it may be, I believe an auction is likely to achieve a better price than a BIN listing. I am also a big fan of the 7XCB - perhaps because the five I own are all earlier and more pliable than the 100s I've handled. I have yet to part with a 7X.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran