Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Frank, Mystic - love the colours of your Barristers. As CS mentioned, it's quite the coincidence to see two at the same time, it's actually rare to see any of them.

Nice Panama, Rick! This is a good time of the year to get deals on hats like that.

Mystic

Practically Family
Update from my scrunched Barrister in post 23203. You can't keep a good vintage fedora down.

As arrived:
IMG_1748_zps8ab6f9df.jpg
[/IMG]
After first session:
IMG_1755_zps08ebfec4.jpg
[/IMG]
After steaming, more brushing & shaping:
IMG_1757_zps8aeaf57e.jpg
[/IMG]
Ding ding ding ding...I think I have a keeper:
IMG_1769_zps364243d4.jpg
[/IMG]

John Galt

Vendor
Here's one that I will probably convert or at least re-block unless it stretches easily, but couldn't pass up. A $29 BIN Bailey Pure Beaver in a very small size, with free shipping.

http://bit.ly/1goYzTh

"Faint hat never won fair lady."

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
Won a beat up Dobbs cloche for 40 bucks. Didn't know Dobbs made hats for women. The picture of the label is in the auction. I'm on vacation now so can't wait until I get home to get these hats from the post office:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1920s-Cloch...XY26srSD4hnyq%2BtF8PU%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

That's a fantastic Dobbs, CaramelSmoothie! Dobbs & Co. offered hats for women, made by Crofut & Knapp, from their start in 1908. Yours is very easy to date to between 1923 to 1928, thanks to the addresses on the liner tip. Dobbs & Co. opened the 324 Fifth Avenue storefront sometime between 1923 and 1924, but had to close their flagship 620 Fifth Avenue shop in 1928 because the building was torn down to make way for Rockefeller Center.

Those few Dobbs women's hats I have are much harder to date than the men's hats, and I just have to guess at their ages. I may run some photos by you someday to see if you can help date them by style.

Brad

CaramelSmoothie

Practically Family
Thanks Brad! I can make out from the label that it says "Exclusive Distributors Reid-Calkins" and it lists the name of a hotel that is in Illinois. I will be able to see what it says when I get back home next week.

Rogera

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I just picked up my first block and flange from eBay the other day. It's a nice straight #52. I don't think the flange is matching but it is close and will work for me.

ferryengr

One of the Regulars

Attachments

• Early Boss of the Plains 700.jpg
    Early Boss of the Plains 700.jpg
    364.1 KB · Views: 128
  • Early Boss of the Plains Sweat Band 700.jpg
    Early Boss of the Plains Sweat Band 700.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 130

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads