Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

ccorsair

One of the Regulars
older buy from Ebay older collapsible top hats

I picked up this hat some time last year and was wondering who could could identify the maker and maybe the age.
It is silk and it is true collapsible top hats. Seller on Ebay didn't know anything not ever that it was collapsible.
I paid a very small price ..really it was like the most crazy price ever. $14.29 plus shipping.. was all under $19

I know posted this question before but it must have been deleted or i posted it in the wrong place.

Thanks

CC

besdor

Vendor/Sponsor
That is a good deal for a top hat. From the size mark, id say it was a later make hat maybe by Flugelman who made top hats .

ccorsair

One of the Regulars
That is a good deal for a top hat. From the size mark, id say it was a later make hat maybe by Flugelman who made top hats .

It was great deal. When i got the box and open it and felt the sides i think I nearly fell over. i felt the ribs for the folding mechanism and knew what it was.. Nothing in the ebay add said it was collapsible and i did send message to the seller on that.
It turn out they were just getting into Estate sales. they had no ideal of what collapsible top hat sold for on ebay. The fact it fits me was huge Plus too. The bid when I found the ad was at $5 or $6 I saw it few days later at $10 or $12 and it was going to end in a few mins .. made a guess at the last second and got it.
Will look up Flugelman. i was hoping someone knew the crest in the liner. No name on it any place .. Looks like a glued on label came off.
Any one know how these hats should be stored? No hat box for it but I seen one like them in flat box. It's hanging with the rest of the Steampunk collection of hats ..

Thanks for the info .

CC

What is printed on the small white label behind the sweatband ribbon? I would store the opera hat in the opened position. A hat box might be good unless it will be a daily wearer.

omgur2

New in Town
Newbie here!

Hello! Newbie here, been on a hat buying binge for about the last two years since i realized i need a hat for daily ware and not just a weekend ball cap.
Got this Stetson Challenger 3X Beaver for $49 delivered. Not sure if it was a great deal but it was exactly what I wanted to go with a brown wool over coat. Its in perfect shape and looks great. Cant figure out how to post a pic from a file yet, its the hat in my avitar

omgur2

New in Town
xxxbeaver_zps57009443.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Ok so thats how you do it

Looks good from here, Omgur2. Great hat, and if it's JUST what you wanted, it's an EXCELLENT hat, sir! Wear it in the best of health, and welcome to the Lounge.

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Borsalino Alessandria Traveller

Just picked this up for a good BIN from a rookie eBayer, seems to know his/her hats though.
Anyone else ever come across an unlined Alessandria with a ribbon sweatband?
I don't think I have ever seen this particular variation. [huh]

ccorsair

One of the Regulars
What is printed on the small white label behind the sweatband ribbon? I would store the opera hat in the opened position. A hat box might be good unless it will be a daily wearer.

The inside is sewn liner is shut. So no real sweatband to see and i don't want to open the stitching to see if there is a tag. There is nothing on the back of the size tag as well. I look at EVER top hat now I to see if the crest inside is the same as this hoping for info.
It not worn every day but I don't have nay hat boxes but for one that my gray stetson came in. thinking of some cheap plastic shower caps to keep the dust off.
Ok well thanks all.

Have very merry Christmas and a very wonderful new year. I won't be buying any more hats for bit.. but will be stopping into see what treasurers everyone finds.

C .

thanks

Last edited:

g.durand

One Too Many

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24