Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

Tonio

A-List Customer
Here's an oddity 100% wool with 6" brim. :eek:

image.jpeg

splintercellsz

I'll Lock Up
That's the second oldest Dobbs soft hat I have ever seen. I believe Brad has the oldest, but this one is definitely within the first decade of the creation of Dobbs. I'm sure brad could shed some more light on it though. Fantastic catch!
That's awesome to know! I'm really looking forward to handling it!

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Edit: I went and read his guide, and from what he says about the logo and address dating this hat should be from the 1915-1917 period

Last edited:

Jhoff_1979

One of the Regulars
Came home and while is a jet-lag stupor, won this Mallory. It looks like a nice old one, but I'm sure y'all will let me know if I messed up and bought a modern Stetson or some other such horror...

i-Vpm2pzn-XL.jpg

i-B4hG7K8-L.jpg

i-c23WFP8-XL.jpg
I too bid on this and though I was disappointed I am happy to see it will be going to a good home. Congrats my friend! Great find and very nice! Cannot wait to see how it looks! :)

Jhoff_1979

One of the Regulars
Came home and while is a jet-lag stupor, won this Mallory. It looks like a nice old one, but I'm sure y'all will let me know if I messed up and bought a modern Stetson or some other such horror...

i-Vpm2pzn-XL.jpg

i-B4hG7K8-L.jpg

i-c23WFP8-XL.jpg
I'm pretty sure if it was post Stetson it would say "Mallory by Stetson" no? Perhaps I am wrong. I wouldn't worry about it. :)

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
I too bid on this and though I was disappointed I am happy to see it will be going to a good home. Congrats my friend! Great find and very nice! Cannot wait to see how it looks! :)
Sorry to have been bidding against a fellow lounger. I actually thought about you when I saw it was sized at 7-12/! It should be here in a few days. Having sold my Stetson Murphy, I've been looking to fill in the grey void in my hat selection...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ