Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

gregf

New in Town
Did anyone pick up either of the other two? About two months ago...
_20200601_135355.JPG

Tukwila

My Mail is Forwarded Here

busstonedfx

New in Town
Guys.... is this a Temple? it's listed as a Whippet. Is the Sovereign made of 100% Beaver? I'm still unclear after reading the Sovereign thread on here where it ranks in terms of quality, vs Royal stetson... ect....

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vtg-STETSON-Sovereign-Fedora-7-1-8-black-Wide-Brim-Hat-whippet-Work-Wear-playboy/202999091529?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

should I do it?! or should I hold out for a Dune? please help :0

It is not a Whippet nor is it a Playboy. The seller just used those words to attract buyers using keyword searches. I don’t know what model it is. It’s just a raw edge nondescript fedora to my way of thinking. It is not a beaver fur felt hat either; it could have some small amount of beaver in the blend, but I suspect it’s a 100% rabbit fur felt hat.

This is a completely different style and set of dimensions than the Dune. This hat is a sedan and the Dune is a pickup. Up to you what you want.

Louis Mountbatten

One of the Regulars
Guys.... is this a Temple? it's listed as a Whippet. Is the Sovereign made of 100% Beaver? I'm still unclear after reading the Sovereign thread on here where it ranks in terms of quality, vs Royal stetson... ect....

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vtg-STETSON-Sovereign-Fedora-7-1-8-black-Wide-Brim-Hat-whippet-Work-Wear-playboy/202999091529?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

should I do it?! or should I hold out for a Dune? please help :0
I am pretty sure he is a Lounger. Look him up and ask.

busstonedfx

New in Town
It is not a Whippet nor is it a Playboy. The seller just used those words to attract buyers using keyword searches. I don’t know what model it is. It’s just a raw edge nondescript fedora to my way of thinking. It is not a beaver fur felt hat either; it could have some small amount of beaver in the blend, but I suspect it’s a 100% rabbit fur felt hat.

This is a completely different style and set of dimensions than the Dune. This hat is a sedan and the Dune is a pickup. Up to you what you want.

oh for sure I know it is a different style than the dune,

I'd probably feel buyers remorse if I bought it and then you guys tell me it was not really worth it. I was sure I was gonna hold out for a Dune specifically, but this seemed like a decent price for a "true" fedora, and I felt the urge to maybe have one hahaha :/ but yea, now that you mention it.... am I in this for "collecting" hats, or am I really trying to buy things I'm gonna wear? I can imagine a Dune style western crossover would see more head time...

I've been on the fence the past few days if I want a real fedora, or a western crossover.. .. just wanted to see if you guys liked it :p pricewise, is this something I should even consider?

SteveFord

A-List Customer
I think that's a Stetson Downs. They're nice enough hat and for $79, why not.
See if it still has the tag under the sweat band, that'll tell you for sure.

oh for sure I know it is a different style than the dune,

I'd probably feel buyers remorse if I bought it and then you guys tell me it was not really worth it. I was sure I was gonna hold out for a Dune specifically, but this seemed like a decent price for a "true" fedora, and I felt the urge to maybe have one hahaha :/ but yea, now that you mention it.... am I in this for "collecting" hats, or am I really trying to buy things I'm gonna wear? I can imagine a Dune style western crossover would see more head time...

I've been on the fence the past few days if I want a real fedora, or a western crossover.. .. just wanted to see if you guys liked it :p pricewise, is this something I should even consider?

I wear and enjoy all sorts of styles. That Sovereign’s shape doesn’t appeal to me personally, but I’d bet it’s a well-made hat.

That's Mister Miyagi, not Master Po, but thanks anyway
I know.....l liked this gif better.
Master Po's eyes look kind of freakish in these animations.....:eek::rolleyes:;)
Anyway great get on those two hats......
Look forward to seeing them in person at the traveling exhibition of the "Mexico City World Hat Museum of the 20th Century" when it hits Chicago or Rockford......:D

drmaxtejeda

I'll Lock Up
I know.....l liked this gif better.
Master Po's eyes look kind of freakish in these animations.....:eek::rolleyes:;)
Anyway great get on those two hats......
Look forward to seeing them in person at the traveling exhibition of the "Mexico City World Hat Museum of the 20th Century" when it hits Chicago or Rockford......:D
Oh, you live in Rockford, Mark? I drove by there often. I almost died on a black ice spin outside Madison. Luckily for me, the guard rail held.

Oh, you live in Rockford, Mark? I drove by there often. I almost died on a black ice spin outside Madison. Luckily for me, the guard rail held.

Actually I live on 80 directly between Chicago and Moline...........being thus in the northern part of the state we get to Rockford ( and Wisconsin) often..........
Liking museums and historic sites my wife and I go all over, we were in both Southern Iowa and Northwest Missouri just last weekend where among other stops we went to the Battle of Athens historic site.........

All that said, it would be fun to get together when you are in the neighborhood...:):):)

dr-livingstone-i-presume (1).jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy