Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

Bill Hughes

My Mail is Forwarded Here
So here's a new one, for me anyway. The auction did not mention a hatbox nor were there any pictures with a hatbox. But a hatbox was used to ship the hat. The box arrived in this state. Packing tape used to secure the lid to the box and the mailing label on top. The hatbox was in pretty good shape prior to being taped.

IMG_0792.jpeg
IMG_0793.jpeg

Once all the packing tape and mailing label was removed - you get this.

IMG_0797.jpeg

It used to be a nice hatbox!

So here's a new one, for me anyway. The auction did not mention a hatbox nor were there any pictures with a hatbox. But a hatbox was used to ship the hat. The box arrived in this state. Packing tape used to secure the lid to the box and the mailing label on top. The hatbox was in pretty good shape prior to being taped.

View attachment 408802 View attachment 408803

View attachment 408804

Ouch! I had the same thing happen to me once with a Fléchet hat box that was covered in packing tape.

View attachment 408804

Happened to me with a beautiful Borsalino box. I was just happy to receive the hat in the end after it went to someone else first and I had received…. A minow bucket

It was a parody on the song “I was Country When Country Wasn’t Cool.” You guys are probably too young to know of that.

I’ll take it down.
Ah man…. No need to take down. My comment was fully in gest towards Steampunk… and with love ;). I caught the reference entirely. Years ago the wrestler from Amarillo, Texas.. Terry Funk had a play on that song…. I was hardcore before hardcore was cool.

Louis Mountbatten

One of the Regulars

View attachment 408804

Well, at least he didn't get your hopes up that the hat was in a nice Stetson box. I had just the opposite happen. I bought an auction of a Stetson where the seller mentioned the box and showed that it was a pristine box. Then he slathered it in tape and sent it without an outer box. Not only did the packing tape destroy the box, but the box was also smashed a bit in transit.

Rumad

One Too Many
Victory.
Got this Knox Fifteen homburg for $15. No inflation since early 50s.
It’s been washed, wet shaped and converted. Has too many moth bites and holes for a collection, but just right for a beater, and I do not have one at the moment.
View attachment 409010
View attachment 409008 View attachment 409009 View attachment 409007
Holy smokes that looks fantastic dude! What a difference! And yeah, the price is a funny coincidence.

Rmccamey

I'll Lock Up
Iit hurts to see a bit of history damaged like that, Bill.

View attachment 408804

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pablosstuff