Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

TheGuitarFairy

Practically Family
tiny yet nice y nice

s-l1600 (1).jpg

https://www.ebay.com/itm/403848974732

s-l1600 (2).jpg

https://www.ebay.com/itm/115507086960

Curious what you don’t like about that (asssuming the hat has lost its size tag and factory label)?
I am assuming he is talking when the seller puts a soft tape across the WHOLE hat from brim to brim.....not only is it hard to read it is often blurry and the tape "dips" into the hat.......and far to often they lay the tape in one direction only.......:oops:
:rolleyes:;)

I am assuming he is talking when the seller puts a soft tape across the WHOLE hat from brim to brim.....not only is it hard to read it is often blurry and the tape "dips" into the hat.......and far to often they lay the tape in one direction only.......:oops:

That does make sense. In particular, I hate when they use a soft fabric tape that sags and doesn’t provide for accurate measurements. I’ve picked up a few great vintage hats based on the length and width measurements and find them very useful when done right. I’ve had less luck when people provide the inside circumference measurement as it’s much harder for them to get right.

I like the one where there is no photo of a size tag, so I asked for them to look and if they don't see one, then carefully check for a factory sticker behind the sweat/liner and, if nothing else, an accurate measurement of either the circumference or the length and width. Then they send this pic. Note the size tag in the background. :rolleyes:

1661808766234.png

I like the one where there is no photo of a size tag, so I asked for them to look and if they don't see one, then carefully check for a factory sticker behind the sweat/liner and, if nothing else, an accurate measurement of either the circumference or the length and width. Then they send this pic. Note the size tag in the background. :rolleyes:

View attachment 447786

Now that’s funny. I choose to see the humor rather than letting it turn to anger or disgust…I’m mostly successful.

Who?

Practically Family
It may have seen better days… it’s sweat might be about shot.. and it is not a from a “big name” But something about this hat just grabbed me

View attachment 447791 View attachment 447792 View attachment 447793 View attachment 447794 View attachment 447795 View attachment 447796 View attachment 447797 View attachment 447798 View attachment 447799 View attachment 447800

I’d have bought it too. I would have had it shipped directly to Robert to have the sweat replaced.

The color, bound brim, and the 3-cord ribbon all look great to me.

It has a certain ……. “charm”.
It does have some personality to it.
I’d have bought it too. I would have had it shipped directly to Robert to have the sweat replaced.

The color, bound brim, and the 3-cord ribbon all look great to me.
Thanks Brent. That would probably have been a great idea! Those three details have me hoping this will be a great brown counterpart to my old black Miller western with similar styling.
The heart wants what the heart wants. I like it too ...
Thanks Bob. Btw.. looks like I made a deal on that 3X.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points