Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
V.I. & Amsterdam ?

Warbaby said:
J...Actually, I won't see for awhile yet because I'm having it sent to my address in Amsterdam and I'll get it when I go over soon.

Nice Borso...:eek:fftopic: but holy moley, writing on Vancouver Island about your Amsterdam address :eek: ... you are livin' my dream!

cookie

I'll Lock Up
Lefty said:
WOW! This Apple Hat booklet went for $61. It was 6.99 an hour ago.
!BO0(QQQ!2k~$(KGrHgoH-CoEjlLluzl+BJwm6pIhJQ~~_1.JPG

When I was a little kid growing up in the late 50s and early 60s Sunday afternoons (after Sunday lunch and dessert) were inevitably followed by switching on the "Eddie Cantor Show". But then again we saw a lot of Jimmy Durante and Nat King Cole too...ramblin' rose ...ramblin' rose ...why you ramble heaven knows...:) :D

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
Warbaby said:
Just won the bid on this vintage Borsalino on eBay Belgium. The seller said it was 1940s - any opinions?

All fedoras are from the 40s. Haven't you learned anything? ;)

Viper Man

Banned
Dreispitz said:
The actual piece definately outgunnes the ebay pics! It is in brand new condition beamed strait out of some mid fifties cabinet into the new millennium and on my head :)

The colour is more like capuccino rather than latte macchiato. The felt? Quiet beaverish. Cavanagh edge? Youp! Stingy fivties brim? No way, it is a fully fledged fedora.

High price? In EURO terms about a third of what you pay for one of the new beaver felt trials of an Italian manufacturer :)

I am insanely jealous! :D Congrats on a great lid!

jec

One of the Regulars
Dobbs Fifth Avenue from EBay last week

This was an EBay win from almost two weeks ago. It arrived last weekend and I have worked on cleaning it up and giving it a proper bash during the past week. I also posted a photo of me wearing the hat in the POST NEW HATS thread.

Vintage Gray Felt Dobbs Fifth Ave. Gangster Hat 7-3/8

Image from auction:
DobbsEbay.jpg

After a bit of work:
DobbsFfth.jpg

The inside:
DobbsFfthinside.jpg

Can anyone help with dating this hat? I have no idea.

buler

I'll Lock Up
Folding hat rack

Nice hat rack. I hope someone on here got it and will hang a bunch of great hats on it. I missed bidding on it.

B

3393172883_2156577d68_o.jpg

3393983464_db4165687f_o.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran