Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

babs

A-List Customer
Lefty said:
The live auction post is against the rules, so you might want to edit your post to remove it. (You didn't know, it's no big deal.)

That hat will go over over $300 - probably a little closer to 4.

Fixed.. sorry

Yeah I don't doubt it.. What an unusual and equally gorgeous hat at the same time. Don't know that I've ever seen such a thing.. and took notice as I might not have been a hat-fan at the time. wow. Stunning.

gtdean48 said:
You'll be hard pressed to get a Twenty-Five or 3X for under $200, $150 respectively, let alone a One-Hundred. I watch those just to see how high they go. Again, if it was a 7 5/8, I'd wager $500 wouldn't be surprising sell price.

All these stetson-specific terms/grades/models. I need to bone up on my stetson-vocabulary. :)

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
That sovereign is really nice, especially at that price.

$1500 Optimo panama with a little damage for $105.
IMG_6457.JPG
IMG_6462.JPG

Feraud

Bartender
jimmy the lid said:
The $93 price is ridiculously low, and is a great illustration of how the 1/4" difference between a 7 1/8 and a 7 3/8 is a costly one...

Cheers,
JtL
Not to mention the brim length. Had it been 1/2 to 3/4" shorter, it would have gone higher.

M_Jones

One of the Regulars
I have no clue why it didn't fetch more but I am sure glad it didn't! :D

I mean, it's green, it is a Sovereign, it has a mode edge, it is NOS....

It may not fit but it will be worth it just to see and handle it. I give my word, if it doesn't work out it will end up in the classifieds. Unfortunately I will not see it until late November......

Mario

I'll Lock Up
You can't have 'em all, can you? I just lost on this nice 7" Borsalino, black with grey ribbon, another color combo I've been after for ages:

!BWzM91gBmk~$(KGrHgoOKiEEjlLmfVPLBKZJMrp5E!~~_3.JPG

!BWzNUSg!mk~$(KGrHgoOKiYEjlLmep38BKZJN1G)rw~~_3.JPG

I had set my max bid to $89.79 and it went for $94.21...well, that was close... :(

While other brands sell relatively cheap here in Germany, the Borsos have a tendency to rocket through the roof within the last few seconds. Darn... :eek:

Aftermath: My 1960's Wegener-made Resistol needs to be repaired, as the sweatband is in rags and the ribbon has some strange spots and other blemishes, so I'm thinking to give it a grey ribbon instead of a black one...just to compensate... ;)

Carlisle Blues

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Marc Chevalier said:
Remember, though, that brims can be trimmed to a smaller width. I've done it with several of mine. You probably wouldn't want to do this to a brim with a 'Cavanagh edge' ... but if you prefer a raw edge, then go for it!

I am about to do that with a 3" I have. Just not comfortable with it..[huh]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24