Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Einstein Levi's Leather Jacket Sells for $147,000

• Thread starter Deleted member 16736
  • Start date

Edward

Bartender
Indeed. There are plenty of us out there that identify as sapiosexual. For me, there's no bigger turn on in a woman than the ability to outthink me.

Peacoat

Bartender
There are others of this model out there, and for a lot less ;)
The price is only because of the provenance.
And what a provenance it is! In addition to his genius, he was a cool guy.

That's easy - she had a real thing for intelligent men. There are women (and men) who find genius to be the ultimate aphrodisiac.

Supposedly this happened.
Monroe: "I want to have your children. With my looks and your brain, they'll be perfect!"
Einstein: "What if they have my looks and your brain?"
Classic Einstein. If this conversation never took place, it should have.

I just noticed that after 10 1/2 years in this Lounge, I am finally getting my mail forwarded here. I just hope it doesn't get forwarded to Dinerman as he is on the road with Alex; no telling when they will be back.

Einstein never would've said that since he probably had the same IQ as Marilyn.

Indeed. There are plenty of us out there that identify as sapiosexual. For me, there's no bigger turn on in a woman than the ability to outthink me.

I didn't even know that's a thing but I really like it too...

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
The sexiest women in the world hang out in art museums on Sunday afternoons and wear black leotards. Jonathan Richman and the Modern Lovers did a song about them (can't remember the title).

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
"A bottle of this exclusive scent accompanies each jacket, along with a replica of the No. 97 auction paddle that was used to bid on this historic garment." Limited to 500 pieces. Priced at 1200 USD. This is a collectors-only thing and probably sold out by now. Shame. I wish Aero did a version of this, in decent leather and no need to up the price game by throwing some collectors garbage into the pack, thank you very much.

Then again, in LVCs favor, i do have to point out that they got that shawl collar figured out MUCH better than any of the fancy repro makers we look out here. Haven't seen one Himel, Thedi, Aero, etc jacket with such a perfectly done shawl collar.

Pictures here:
https://shopcanoeclub.com/products/levis-vintage-clothing-einsteins-menlo-cossak-leather-jacket

Last edited:
Then again, in LVCs favor, i do have to point out that they got that shawl collar figured out MUCH better than any of the fancy repro makers we look out here. Haven't seen one Himel, Thedi, Aero, etc jacket with such a perfectly done shawl collar.
I agree! The thinner shape looks much better and suits the rest of the jacket as well. I really love the slash handwarmers over the patch pockets too. That looks to be a really nice jacket actually. But a $1200 lambskin? It's a no.

l0fielectronic

Practically Family
Must admit I've been waiting to see this as I've got the cotton 'suedette' jacket they did similar to this style about four years ago and its a favourite for its fit. I've also always wanted to try an unlined leather jacket but none of the modern makers fits looked like they'd work and had similar pricing and no/complicated returns policies.

Its priced about 10% above their 'normal' leathers but yes, i've only ever bought LVC stuff in the 50% off sales before. There is 20% off, or 10% here in the UK, if you sign up for their mailing list and yes, I could surely live without the scent! I'm going to try one out I think but the fits going to have to be spot on to justify it... then I can decide what I have to sell to fund it :)

I agree! The thinner shape looks much better and suits the rest of the jacket as well. I really love the slash handwarmers over the patch pockets too. That looks to be a really nice jacket actually. But a $1200 lambskin? It's a no.

I was just thinking that... It's actually a perfectly beautiful jacket. It's the nicest one out there, even cooler looking than that Freewheelers or whatever it was. Would love to have it even tho the whole thing would probably make Einstein cringe.

I was just thinking that... It's actually a perfectly beautiful jacket. It's the nicest one out there, even cooler looking than that Freewheelers or whatever it was. Would love to have it even tho the whole thing would probably make Einstein cringe.
I finally decided this is a style I just can't pull off. I wish I could. It's just not in the cards.
Not to mention putting me in Einstein's jacket is an oxymoron of historic proportions.

Boyo

Call Me a Cab
I've been interested in this new Cossack as well, but I couldn't find measurements anywhere and I didn't want to take a chance with the fit at that price.
Canoe club and Heddels list it as made from sheepskin and Unionmade has it made from cowhide.. I'm not sure which is correct, and its sold out in both places now...

I've been interested in this new Cossack as well, but I couldn't find measurements anywhere and I didn't want to take a chance with the fit at that price.
Canoe club and Heddels list it as made from sheepskin and Unionmade has it made from cowhide.. I'm not sure which is correct, and its sold out in both places now...
Interesting point. From the pics I wouldn't have thought sheep at all. Looks too thick.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko