ELMC Californian jacket measurements size 40

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by Thuggee, Oct 15, 2019.

1. Thuggee

Thuggee Practically Family

Can anyone who one of the above jackets tell me what the hem line measures on a size 40 I assume someone owns one here? I own 2 of these in size 44 my beer guts gone after making close to 40kg and I’m swimming in both jackets I’m now considering the same jacket again but in a 40 long anyone?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. ProteinNerd

ProteinNerd My Mail is Forwarded Here

I’ve got a 40L at home, I’ll measure up when I get a chance.
    Also got a 42R, do you want that as well?

Tbh the main diff between them is in the body, not much difference in the chest and shoulders.

3. Thuggee

That would be good if you could do both I was thinking a 42 but I’m still losing weight and think a 40 is going to be a better fit all I know is my 44 is huge and baggy now and it pains me to move them along

4. Boyo

Boyo One Too Many

@Thuggee just my two cents but, since you’re still losing weight and you’re just beginning summer in your hemisphere maybe you should hold off on a new jacket until your weight settles in, and you’ve got a better idea on your new size.
    I’ve seen all the quality jackets you’ve got for sale and I imagine how hard that must be to sell those as replacing some will be very difficult.

Also, maybe a topic for a different thread but I’m curious to hear the secrets to dropping that kind of weight

Carlos840, torfjord, Thuggee and 2 others like this.
  5. seres

seres A-List Customer

A doctor told me that most folks can diet and lose weight, but they can't maintain that lower weight and gain most of it back. I agree with Boyo... let your weight stabilize for a year or more before selling those jackets.

Thuggee likes this.
  6. Thuggee

Unless I go back to eating burgers for lunch drinking excessive alcohol and NO exercise the weights not going back on, I’ve made a lifestyle change not really a diet of any kind but would have to agree with you diets don’t work

Boyo, Carlos840, seres and 1 other person like this.
  7. Thuggee

No real secret to my weight loss plenty of running/exercise, and good eating I used to drink a lot of alcohol and eat a lot of junk-food with NO exercise those days are behind me now I made a conscious decision when I hit 50 to get into shape and start looking after myself - I believe I’ve a couple more Kgs to go around my gut and I’m done, I don’t think I’m going to shrink much past a size 40 I’ve a few extra kgs to lose around my belly after that I’m heading into ultra skinny Kenyan Marathon runner territory with my wife already saying I’m looking emancipated.

Boyo, Steven65, Dav and 3 others like this.
  8. red devil

red devil One Too Many

Great to hear how you manage to turn this around! Really feels good to see things get looser as good feedback you are reaching your goals! :D

Considering that you are now in a different position, you might want to revisit different styles to see how they fit you now :)

Thuggee likes this.
  9. Will Zach

Will Zach One of the Regulars

Exactly. Weight loss is sticky if it is a lifestyle change not a mere diet. I did the same thing as Thuggee 5 years ago, dropped 30 lbs in a few months once I stopped drinking beer and wine and eating burgers. I added daily exercise and the weight stabilized at 152; does not fluctuate more than 2 lbs (goes up a bit after a business trip or holidays, but then I bring it right back).

Boyo and Thuggee like this.
  10. Steven65

Steven65 New in Town

Well done! You have just added years and quality to your life.

4 years ago I went full Keto. I lost 30Kgs and had to sell all my jackets! I was sorry to see them go but it's been fun replacing them. It was a bit scary to see jackets that were tight on me now looking like tents.

Keep at it......you doing good.:)

Boyo and Thuggee like this.