Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ELMC Californian jacket measurements size 40

Thuggee

Practically Family
Can anyone who one of the above jackets tell me what the hem line measures on a size 40 I assume someone owns one here? I own 2 of these in size 44 my beer guts gone after making close to 40kg and I’m swimming in both jackets I’m now considering the same jacket again but in a 40 long anyone?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I’ve got a 40L at home, I’ll measure up when I get a chance.
Also got a 42R, do you want that as well?

Tbh the main diff between them is in the body, not much difference in the chest and shoulders.

Thuggee

Practically Family
I’ve got a 40L at home, I’ll measure up when I get a chance.
Also got a 42R, do you want that as well?

Tbh the main diff between them is in the body, not much difference in the chest and shoulders.

That would be good if you could do both I was thinking a 42 but I’m still losing weight and think a 40 is going to be a better fit all I know is my 44 is huge and baggy now and it pains me to move them along

Boyo

Call Me a Cab
@Thuggee just my two cents but, since you’re still losing weight and you’re just beginning summer in your hemisphere maybe you should hold off on a new jacket until your weight settles in, and you’ve got a better idea on your new size.
I’ve seen all the quality jackets you’ve got for sale and I imagine how hard that must be to sell those as replacing some will be very difficult.

Also, maybe a topic for a different thread but I’m curious to hear the secrets to dropping that kind of weight

seres

A-List Customer
A doctor told me that most folks can diet and lose weight, but they can't maintain that lower weight and gain most of it back. I agree with Boyo... let your weight stabilize for a year or more before selling those jackets.

Thuggee

Practically Family
A doctor told me that most folks can diet and lose weight, but they can't maintain that lower weight and gain most of it back. I agree with Boyo... let your weight stabilize for a year or more before selling those jackets.

Unless I go back to eating burgers for lunch drinking excessive alcohol and NO exercise the weights not going back on, I’ve made a lifestyle change not really a diet of any kind but would have to agree with you diets don’t work

Thuggee

Practically Family
@Thuggee just my two cents but, since you’re still losing weight and you’re just beginning summer in your hemisphere maybe you should hold off on a new jacket until your weight settles in, and you’ve got a better idea on your new size.
I’ve seen all the quality jackets you’ve got for sale and I imagine how hard that must be to sell those as replacing some will be very difficult.

Also, maybe a topic for a different thread but I’m curious to hear the secrets to dropping that kind of weight

No real secret to my weight loss plenty of running/exercise, and good eating I used to drink a lot of alcohol and eat a lot of junk-food with NO exercise those days are behind me now I made a conscious decision when I hit 50 to get into shape and start looking after myself - I believe I’ve a couple more Kgs to go around my gut and I’m done, I don’t think I’m going to shrink much past a size 40 I’ve a few extra kgs to lose around my belly after that I’m heading into ultra skinny Kenyan Marathon runner territory with my wife already saying I’m looking emancipated.

red devil

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Great to hear how you manage to turn this around! Really feels good to see things get looser as good feedback you are reaching your goals! :D

Considering that you are now in a different position, you might want to revisit different styles to see how they fit you now :)

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
Exactly. Weight loss is sticky if it is a lifestyle change not a mere diet. I did the same thing as Thuggee 5 years ago, dropped 30 lbs in a few months once I stopped drinking beer and wine and eating burgers. I added daily exercise and the weight stabilized at 152; does not fluctuate more than 2 lbs (goes up a bit after a business trip or holidays, but then I bring it right back).

Steven65

New in Town
No real secret to my weight loss plenty of running/exercise, and good eating I used to drink a lot of alcohol and eat a lot of junk-food with NO exercise those days are behind me now I made a conscious decision when I hit 50 to get into shape and start looking after myself - I believe I’ve a couple more Kgs to go around my gut and I’m done, I don’t think I’m going to shrink much past a size 40 I’ve a few extra kgs to lose around my belly after that I’m heading into ultra skinny Kenyan Marathon runner territory with my wife already saying I’m looking emancipated.

Well done! You have just added years and quality to your life.

4 years ago I went full Keto. I lost 30Kgs and had to sell all my jackets! I was sorry to see them go but it's been fun replacing them. It was a bit scary to see jackets that were tight on me now looking like tents.

Keep at it......you doing good.:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GokhanB