Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Emperor of The North

Flitcraft

One Too Many
th_image12.gif

Anyone familiar with this film?
Worth a look?

th_emperormarvin.gif
[/IMG]

Doh!

One Too Many
Great movie! It's been awhile since I've seen it, but by all means check it out -- Ernest Borgnine has never been meaner!

green papaya

One Too Many
Emperor of the North is an excellent movie!

I would also like to recommend:

> "HARD TIMES" with Charles Bronson

> "DEATH HUNT" with Charles Bronson

Flitcraft

One Too Many
I would also like to recommend:

> "HARD TIMES" with Charles Bronson

> "DEATH HUNT" with Charles Bronson

With titles like that, I'm guessing these are not "date" movies?:)

Prairie Shade

A-List Customer
Hard to go wrong with Lee Marvin

Emperor of the N. is a very good look at Old Time Railroading. Being a former railroader myself I enjoyed it very much. Recommend it to anyone with a wonder lust and who wants to break the mold. I also enjoy Hard Times and Death Hunt. Charles Bronson is another favorite who has been taken from this life along with Lee Marvin.

Michaelson

One Too Many
For those who get American Movie Classics, this has been popping up now and again for the past couple of months. This is one of MY all time favorite railroad movies...to HECK with the storyline ;) . They capture the character of how it was for a local freight crew during the 30's to an absolute tee, as well as what it was like to hobo during those tough times. Excellent movie!!

High regards! Michaelson

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
You're right about that Michaelson. Lee Marvin always brought a better something to his roles. Although Death Hunt wasn't a masterpiece, both Lee Marvin & Charles Bronson made it quite enjoyable. I'll have to make sure I check out Emperor of the North.

Cheers!

Dan

Flitcraft

One Too Many
Slightly off-topic, but if you ever get a chance, catch Lee Marvin in the film version of "The Iceman Cometh". It will definitely show you another facet of his ability as an actor. He even beat out Jason Robards for the role.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails