Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

"End Of The Season" - who's broken out their leathers?

Navin323i

Practically Family
I've been wearing my Aero NYPD jacket all summer despite the heat and it shows because my FQHH jacket broke in very quickly (will be posting up pics in a separate thread later today or this week).

Basically I wore it practically every night at home while watching TV (wife keeps the house so cold with the air conditioning, LOL), and briefly wore it once in 95 degree Fahrenheit weather at a car show awards ceremony for good luck (I know I'm crazy but I wound up winning 2 car show trophies which was a first for me).

Today morning was chilly so I wore my "Griff Arturo Leather Jacket"... definitely feels great to sport the leather jackets again. :)

Cheers,
Navin

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
A2jakker007.jpg

This A2 at the mo - but the Irvin is out of the closet and it will not be long now!:D

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
Up until a coupla years ago, when i was stilling riding, I was a year-round leather wearer. Id rather be hot than skinless.

Now, though, I havent had a leather jacket on yet. In fact, Im still in shorts.

Tony No-Toes

One of the Regulars
I don't have jack...

No leather for me yet. I've got 15 more lbs to loose before I let Langlitz build my jackets. Gotta do this right ya know... Looks like it's going to be Filson cloth jackets and sweatshirts for a few months but it'll make it all the more special when it comes together in a few months. I'll live vicariously through the FL until.

Dav

One Too Many
My Aero arrived in the middle of june so I've been wearing it at every oppotunity eversince, like Navin said it seemed to help greatly with the breaking in process although now its getting cooler I'm not so sure it has broken as much as I thought.

Navin323i

Practically Family
Tony No-Toes said:
No leather for me yet. I've got 15 more lbs to loose before I let Langlitz build my jackets. Gotta do this right ya know... Looks like it's going to be Filson cloth jackets and sweatshirts for a few months but it'll make it all the more special when it comes together in a few months. I'll live vicariously through the FL until.

You sir are an inspiration to me with you prioritizing your weight loss first before getting the leather jackets of your choice.

I wish you all the best in meeting your goals, bro. :)

Navin

Cooperson

One Too Many
There is definitely an autumnal nip in the air now and I did spot a few leather jackets being worn around town at the weekend. Have been wearing my Goodwear Ventura, just to break it in of course, but it needs to get a good bit colder before the heavy horse Highwayman comes out.

Some people get depressed when the summer comes to an end - for others it's leather jackets and Peacoats . Happy days :)

Tony No-Toes

One of the Regulars
Navin323i said:
You sir are an inspiration to me with you prioritizing your weight loss first before getting the leather jackets of your choice.

I wish you all the best in meeting your goals, bro. :)

Navin

Thanks Navin, nothing like a couple of Langlitz made to fit dangling at the end of a stick. Hey, that rhymes too....

I dropped 20 lbs by just cutting back a few things so I figure the last 15 will come off with a bumped up work out regiment. Slow process though but the upside is a copious amount of research and getting EXACTLY the jackets I want and enjoy for the rest of my life.
Musing over ideas here on the FL has helped with my patience. Seems like the longer I wait, the better my ideas get. When I make my move, you cats will be blown away I think!

EmergencyIan

Practically Family
I have a new Good Wear A-2 and am really looking forward to wearing it out. Unfortunately, it hasn't been cool enough in NYC, so far, to do so.

- Ian

apba1166

A-List Customer
Brisk and cold at dawn. A Fox Creek jean jacket. Good for a half hour. Ninety minutes later the sun is up blasting me, and I think, AM I NUTS?

jamespibworth@n

One of the Regulars
The chillier its gets here in England the happier I am, can now start the ritual of being late for appointments due to the time it takes to decide which jacket to put on! My friends are complaining about the weather turning cooler, but I’m not.

Even managed to put on my Aero Long Half Belt over a wool sweater the other day. Also whilst working at home in the office I wore an Aero Irvin to save putting the heating on. The problem with that is the cuffs tend to do their own typing on the keyboard!

Twit

One of the Regulars
Still way too warm at the moment for me, aside from being on the bikes. It has to get to about 10 degrees before I consider any jacket, I have noticed people wearing jackets ove the last couple of weeks and then wilting on the tube, which today was up to its usual grimness! A while to go yet and I'd rather not wish away the good weather!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points